This is my first post here and regarding a custom build period, so please bear with me.
I'm looking to build a server for work (Enterprise Software Development and some Graphic Work) as well as some gaming on the side.
- Ability to run MS Enterprise type of applications - SQL Server, MS ERP, MS CRM, SQL Server Analysis Services, MS Sharepoint, etc... typically consume large amount of hard drive space and significant amount of memory.
- Multiple Virtual Machines running at the same time (5-6)
- Ability to connect 2-30 inch monitors
- Be able to play any game I want on the two 30 inch monitors.
I've been looking through reviews, etc and have somewhat come up with a list, but would much appreciate any recommendations before draining the bank account.
- Corsair Obsidian 650D Case - not sure this will cut it, also looking at the 800D
- 2x Western Digital Caviar 2TB SATA III 7200RPM 64MB Cache
- 2x Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 WF 3x GHz Edition 3GB GDDR5
- Mobo - not sure looking ASUS P9x79 WS or Deluxe - any suggestions here?
- CPU - Intel i3930K seems to be the best bang for the buck...
- 4x Samsung 830 Series 2.5 inch 256GB SATA II RAID 1+0
- Memory: looking at G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133Mhz -
Price limit without the monitors is obviously as low as possible but am hoping to keep it under 4K. I've been looking around reviews on the dual proc mobos and am seeing very mixed opinions.
Also, I've done some reading on memory and am wondering if the above is worth the price tag?
Any suggestions, recommendations would be very much appreciated.