The Mother Board
QUESTION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMYK
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: QUESTION Reply with quote

I've a question. what's better liquid cooling or air cooling for i7-3770K and I have H60 from corsair and I've an option to change to V10 Cooler Master.

and what's better between air and liquid cooling in general.

Thanks hope you answer my question.
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what you're doing. Watercooling is best left to the overclocking club, and air cooling is sufficient for the majority. The V10 is a hybrid air/TEC cooer. I would go with that one, and MAKE SURE to follow the directions closely.

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air cooling is, as noted by fussnfeathers, sufficient for most systems and users. But air cooling depends on air movement within the case, to ensure temperatures stay within limits. So fans must be added to force air through the case.. not just those that circulate the inner air mass. Best is a ratio of 1.5:1 for incoming air to exiting air.. to avoid starving the PSU of its cooling needs. A case fan blowing toward the heat-generating devices is best.
Water cooling, on the other side of the coin, is more efficient, actually moving unwanted heat from one zone to another.. but is more complicated and expensive. And requires more maintenance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> MBHW Q&A All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: