The Mother Board
ASUS P8Z77-v pro/thunderbolt motherboard, BIOS problem. syst

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prestoopnik
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: ASUS P8Z77-v pro/thunderbolt motherboard, BIOS problem. syst Reply with quote

so I'm building my first system and I got as far as the lights and fans turning on... when I turn the system on the fans and lights turn on(as previously stated) and the BOOT_DEVICE_LED turns on as solid red. As well as a single short beep which the manual says means the VGA is detected, quick boot is set to disable, no keyboard detected.

my specs are:

-ASUS P8Z77-v-pro/thunderbolt motherboard

-cool master haf-x case

-intel core i5-3570

-MSI geforce 660 ti PE

-cool master Silent Pro M 1000W

-G.Skill trident X series 16gb(2x8gb) (placed in slots A2 and B2 as the manual suggested)

-western digital 1TB caviar green

-and i can't figure out exactly what my disc drive is

I've looked up some possible solutions one being that my bios is outdated and doesn't support the chip I have set up in my motherboard. I tried doing a USB BIOS flashback but either it didn't work or I was doing it wrong which is very possible. However a lot of the other people who I saw who were having similar problems had the bios working when i turn my system on nothing comes up on the screen (which I have plugged into the DVI)

On the ASUS website on their support page ( http://www.service.asus.com/#!Downloads/c1wax ) I looked at the BIOS updates and one says that it supports new CPUs. and if it is a new BIOS that I need how would I go about doing so?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect your monitor to the onboard DVI, there's a good chance it's using that one for the bootup screen initially with the embedded graphics in your CPU...

System error, strike any user to continue...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "no keyboard detected" is a critical error for the POST process. You may have to connect directly to the PS2 port for an initial BIOS configuration. Ensure the "legacy" feature for USB is enabled, so a keyboard and mouse will be detected before the OS comes into operation.
Whenever doing a BIOS update, one critical step is that you fully reset the BIOS to default after the process.. then configure each page as to how the system is built.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> BIOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: