Say HELLO here!

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Say HELLO here!

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 am

New to the forums? Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you. Use this thread to introduce yourself. Take some time to read the rules in each forum before posting. Since I routinely delete "hello" posts in technical support threads, I thought I'd make this one for you.

Enjoy your stay!
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

new here but not to comps

Postby Juggalo23451 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:43 am

Just saying.a. quick hello, I have a tj07 wced as well as a haf 932 black edition:) I am going water cool the abs 595 canyon soon.
Juggalo23451
Initiate
Initiate

Ello all

Postby MrTardPower » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Hey motherboards crew,

Joined up to learn more about overclocking and well anything else I can get hands on, wont tell you my system spec because...err...lets just say I'm inbetween systems right now lol

Anyway look forward to chatting with you all on the forums.
Take it easy PDT_Armataz_01_01
MrTardPower
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Saarahjane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 am

Hi,

My name is Sarah. I am here to share something or to increase my knowledge and I hope I could get useful piece of information in this forum.
Saarahjane
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Beast100 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:52 am

I was away for a year. I suffered from being a workaholic. Now I have a grand daughter (no I'm not that old) and no longer spend 60+ hours a week on the job. We do spend a lot of time traveling, so computer time is no longer a time consuming event. My last major upgrade was at Christmas when one on my suppliers gave me an Asus board, I7 CPU, 120 gig SSD and 16 gigs of ram to play with.
Beast100
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Welcome all! Have fun!
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby toolfrolic » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:21 am

Hi all,
a newly retired electrical engineer (large drive systems) in Sydney trying to get a 1995 vintage Cyrix processor PC (purchased in New York) to run again, could be fun.
The user name arrises from my interest in machine tools, including a CNC mill.

John
toolfrolic
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Twisty » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 am

Welcome to the forums.

Power drives was one of my favorite subjects at Uni but alas I don't do proper engineering now.

I hope you get the Cyrix up and running, feel free to ask for any advice on the forums.

I'm doing a clear up of all my old electronics myself and was surprised at what I found - I even still have some old ISA cards (Sound, SCSI etc). I put an AMD KII computer on ebay and it sold for £5 LOL.

Oh, also I am jealous - I wish I had access to a CNC mill :(
- Webster - :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 am

Will be fun to get that old system up and running! You likely will need a new BIOS battery, and reset the BIOS pages to reflect the system's setup.
With those Cyrix CPU models, they were equivalent in overall performance to Intel CPU models.. but what the primary core lacked, the FPU made up for. But they require a lower voltage.. similar to AMD CPU models.
Post the full specs of the system.. the more info about it, the better a response you will have for solving problems.
Likely it has a 66 Mhz FSB base speed.. and that type of memory is very scarce. But using PC-100 instead of PC-66 should be no problem. Just ensure it is unbuffered, non-ECC type. And single-density!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Simewn » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 am

Hi everybody!
I really enjoy this site, it helped me choose my next motherboard. Keep it coming!
Simewn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to The Water Cooler