The Mother Board
Samsung Galaxy Note or Iphone 4S?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> The Hundred Year War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j3ffry
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Samsung Galaxy Note or Iphone 4S? Reply with quote

Hi! I don't know if it's been discussed or posted here before. But I really would love to hear your unbiased opinion about the two gadgets here.

Which one would you get? I know it depends on your lifestyle but hopefully I can get some insights and reviews from you that will help me decide which one is the bang for the buck.

Thank you!
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will be the primary use? What applications/social networks are you visiting? Any favorite apps/gadgets/widgets?

Check the support for that on both and you'll soon have a winner if you ask me.

System error, strike any user to continue...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j3ffry
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evasive wrote:
What will be the primary use? What applications/social networks are you visiting? Any favorite apps/gadgets/widgets?

Check the support for that on both and you'll soon have a winner if you ask me.

thanks for the reply.

well i'm always on the go and travel a lot. I do have an IPAD1 for movies and ebooks. I think my primary reason would be phone and texts and also instant access to mails and fb(for my business) and some good apps to kill time while waiting in the airport.

I was thinking since i already have an Ipad, might as well try android in Galaxy note.

I don't know. I'm confused. Maybe you guys have something to say or you have either of the two. Please share your thought about it.

Thanks in advance!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most wireless carriers do have a policy to cross-honor all users. But those 'roaming charges' can be excessive, especially out of the home country!
With texting and light browsing, you don't use much air time. But for heavy use, get a lot of air-time minutes!
Read the contracts for each brand or carrier. Some want a two-year commitment with an "exit penalty" that is expensive!
But most important, check the coverage area for services.. some parts of the U.S.A. and other foreign countries do not have great cellular (tower) coverage. Going with satellite service is more expensive, while having better coverage.
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What cell carrier will you be going with? That'll determine your price point. Personally, I prefer Android over iOS, but that's just me. More good apps, less fart apps......

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get around quite a bit myself and have found that a good cellular service provider is very important and have used Verizon for years and it never let me down and the coverage area is great, IMO.

Equally important is the phone. At one time talking was the main feature and concern when selecting a phone but now folks want to do other things besides talk and because of this some good phone manufactures have either dropped out of the race or they have severely limited what they now make. I was always a Motorola user, and actually have one now but I don't text, I just want to talk and that it does do no matter where I have been in the United States.

If it were me in your position and not knowing much more I think I would go with Apples iphone on Verizons network with an unlimited plan of some type, probably around $100. a month (a guess).

Yes international use of a cell phone is expensive but if your making money and in business write it off.
j3ffry
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your insights! I have decided to go with the the Samsung SIII. I know It wasn't included in the list but it just came out here. big grin

Wasn't able to connect with you on the cellular lines because im from the Philippines. But feature-wise i get you.

Thank you guys and more power!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> The Hundred Year War All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: