U.S.A. Treasury Defaulting

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

U.S.A. Treasury Defaulting

Postby c327 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:34 pm

The other day I saw on CNN, our most respected and unbiased world news media folks when they interviewed a money guy who said that the United States economy is not moving forward and that the United States Treasury will default sometime this year. Now is that something to think about or what ???? :mb_grrr:: :mb_dontknow:: :mb_afro:: PDT_Armataz_01_19 :mb_1stplace:: :mb_moped:: :mb_viking:: :mb_tease::
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby bdub » Thu May 31, 2012 7:06 am

if the tea party holds up the extension of the debt limit... basically renegging on the promise they made not to do that again until at least after the election and into 2013... then yes, they could put us in the position of defaulting at that point.
john boehner has already mentioned that he is planning to renege.
they want to crash the economy to help obama lose re-election. that is their aim. mitch mcconnell has mentioned more than once it is republicans sole aim of making obama a one term president.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/1 ... ge-crisis-
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 am

it's all fake money anyways...and fake limits, and fake everything... as long as anyone has some semblance of "faith" in the ability for goods and services to be provided, it doesn't really matter.

both sides are full of s**t and point at each other as the cause - which, in reality they're both right. both sides are at-fault, and blaming either for "more" responsibility is simply irresponsible in itself.

the tax system needs a complete overhaul - removing loopholes and pitfalls.

social services also need a complete overhaul - removing extreme waste, bureaucracy and abuse.

more than anything our entire political system needs an enema.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby bdub » Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 am

that's all fine and good to blame both sides... but obama and dems have tried to work with the other side to do many of those things, and are constantly stonewalled. they try to close loopholes, and the other side comes back with is "closing loopholes raises taxes"...
there has been huge work done to take fraud out of the social security and medicare systems that have even returned results.

the plain fact is the right will not do anything to help obama... they have stated this, and they mean it.

they call all his judicial nominations "activist", and try to block every one.
they create logjams in committees...
it is unprecedented, i mean it has happened before by both sides, but NEVER at this level.
the problem IS on the right.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

this opinion peice is a month old, but it has good facts and truthful ideas by fairly unbiased people.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:24 am

yet simply put, they were still elected there. there were a rather large number of people who would rather have these representatives there than their other options. that says a truckload in my opinion.

i don't like them, i don't like their tactics, i don't necessarily agree with their viewpoints...however, they are there by vote and they are doing what they said they would do. to sit on the sidelines and bicker at the fact that they went through the election process to be where they are and doing (for the most part) exactly what they said they would do is like a pot calling the kettle black.

all i'm saying is, these representatives just didn't "show up" they got voted in. SOMETHING caused the general populace to become more extreme in regards to republican ideology. there's a plethora of things that could be cited towards it, but i'm no political analyst or modern issues consultant. just an average guy doing what i do, day to day.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby c327 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:46 am

There is no doubt in my mind that our trusting and honorable elected officials in Washington have lost sight of what they were elected to do, and that is....... WORK AND GET SOMETHING DONE THAT WILL MAKE A DAMN DIFFERENCE IN A BETTER TOMORROW OR VOTE THE BUMS OUT OR PUT THEIR BUTTS IN JAIL WHERE THE REST OF THEM ARE.

“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War