Unlock cores on AMD Phenom II X2 560 BE

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby DidoTDI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 am

I don't have a floppy device on this PC but i can take from the old one (2005 year).I don't know what is it. I don't remember but I thing its not used at all (may be 1,2 times). About the diskette I thing Verbatim is good.
DidoTDI
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:02 am

go to http://www.bootdisk.com and get the floppy image for bios flashing, make 2 bootable floppies per their instructions and boot the machine from both to see if it works. If it does, add the flash utility and use the first disk to backup the bios, then use another disk with the flash utility and the new bios file to flash the new bios.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DidoTDI » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 am

Ok I'll ask you some questions just to make shure I get that right, because I have never done something like that before and english is not my main language.
I need to download (driver free disk for BIOS flashing)?
I make 2 bootable floppies but I use a CD disk or floppy diskette.
And how i get this Flash utility.
May be i should give it to someone that understands this things because I don't feel like I can do this. :(
DidoTDI
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 am

If you have somebody near you that does know what I am writing about, yes, that may be a good idea.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DidoTDI » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:20 am

Is it shure that the F3B BIOS will do the trick to unlock the cores? Because I thing I read that the BIOS that I need to unlock the cores is deleted from the site. But I am not shure may be this is the right one. And if I unlock the core(s) should I have to up the voltage? (If i should-how I can do it?)
DidoTDI
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 am

Because I thing I read that the BIOS that I need to unlock the cores is deleted from the site.

Where?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DidoTDI » Mon May 21, 2012 2:24 am

Oh, it was before 7,8 months I don,t remember. But i think the F3B BIOS will work because I checked the CPU support list and almost every Proccessor is supported with the F3B BIOS not with the F2.(I am with F2). And more interesting is that my CPU is not supported with the F2 but with the F3B BIOS.
Anyway in next few days I will give my PC to one guy who knows how to update BIOS and we will see what happens
DidoTDI
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 am

It's not unusual for a newer BIOS to add suppot for more processors. My old P5Q added support for 1333mhz procs. Good luck!
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DidoTDI » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:10 am

So I finally updated my bios to F3b and it runs just fine... BUT it still cant see Core 02 and Core 03. And actually when i enable core unlock the computer wont boot up so i have to turn it off from the power button and when i turn it on again it boots, i get in the bios and it says core unlock enabled but it sees only Core 0 and Core 01. Just to say again the processor is Phenom ii X2 560 BE so even if both of the hidden cores are defective it should at least see them??? May be there is some other option i need to enable/disable i dont know .. hope you guys will know the answer.
Edit : Ohh i just saw the answer in the other thread. Evasive answered .. I wasn't considering that it can be just a normal 2 core...
DidoTDI
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby DidoTDI » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:28 am

But i read somewhere that there are no 2 cores made at all. There are only 4 and 6 cores and X3,X2 always comes from X4. Is it true???
DidoTDI
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to Overclockers Anonymous