unidentified miniDTX socket370 board

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

unidentified miniDTX socket370 board

Postby roddenberry » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 am

This is probably the most elusive motherboard i've ever seen! The reason I'm looking into this board is that it's so tiny! It has the miniDTX form factor... 7.5" x 6.68" (170x190mm). It came originally from a MINI PC (case and front panel are unfortunately long gone so I have no model number) It also has a modem dauthercard and a USB/audio port board/cable assembly. It was connected to a miniature power supply board (with model number EVEM-DCDC) which in turn was connected to a standard 12vdc/5A wall wart power supply.

It appears there's no real model number on that board, because of all the numbers on the board, none return any kind of useful info from Google, aside from other clueless owners of the same board, who got little or no info to proceed with aside from the fact it has been manufactured in China.

Here's what might be useful as far as number goes. On the parallel port, there "EVEm" which might be a clue, since the power supply bears a similar number. On the back in the copper traces are the names and numbers "Pao Shen E206922 PS-1" but a search of that came up with several other mobos, none of which resembles anything to what I have. I was getting closer searching the PCCHIPS website for a socket 370 board but again, I didn't find anything like my board. It features a CMI8738 6-Ch audio chip, a RTL8100 Ethernet chip, and a VIA VT133 EVEM chipset.

I took a pix, here's what it looks like...
http://www.progmontreal.com/arch/motboa1.jpg

It has a VIA C3 "Samuel" C3-733MHz processor soldered on the board. The MOBO features 1 standard ATX 20-pin power connector, 1 ATA connector, 1 floppy connector, 1 PCI socket, 1 standard 168pin, PC133 SDRAM slot, the back i/o features standard audio connectors, 1 parallel port, 2 serial ports, mouse and keyboard ports, 2 USB and 1 Ethernet port.

I was succesfully able to boot the board and it appears to work fine. It showed "Phoenix Bios 2002/03/13". Mind you it's not a very fast and useful board, but the cool factor of its small size makes it worth to research further, especially if I could find out about the numerous and mysterious jumper sockets on that board.

Thanks in advance to anyone who came across that board and might have any kind of reference or link.

Robert
roddenberry
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:55 am

PCChips I guess, the CPU is know as GigaPro, the chipset has a SiS630E northbridge despite the VIA-like chipset number, off to find a manual and other stuff...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 am

Have you got the bios ID string from the bottom of the boot screen, something like:
07/26/2001-M787CLR-6A6LIH09C-00
please? That might give more clues. It is not a retail board, only sold inside one of their mini PC systems but I can't find which one yet....
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby roddenberry » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:43 am

Thank you guys for your help! There's the string number at the bottom of the screen when I boot the board:

03/13/2002-EVEm-6A6LIH09C-00

So far, I figured out the pinout of the onboard USB connector and the front panel LEDs and switches connector, but there are still many unlabeled connectors and jumper banks that still elude me.

Robert
roddenberry
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 am

It's marketed as the EVEm+ mainboard, used in thin clients, I have a spec sheet, no manual _yet_

http://web.archive.org/web/200403041802 ... luspec.pdf
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:45 am

and of course, PC Chips and ECS have a long line of using each others boards, bingo:

http://eudownload.ecs.com.tw/dlfileecs/ ... Em+s11.pdf

have fun
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby roddenberry » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Total awesomeness!

Mr. Evasive, I shall neme my first child after you! :D

Thank you so much... Now this little board will find a good use!

Robert
roddenberry
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:03 pm

The true name is Edwin and you're welcome :)
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum