Windows display settings

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows display settings

Postby zooofer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Greetings all,
After getting hit by a virus that wiped out my os, I decided to create two different accounts, one admin and the other a basic acount for every day use. This is my problem, its not a big problem, but very annoying: On my basic account in advanced system settings where you can pick and choose how pretty you want your gui to be, I can make my changes and everything is wonderful until I reboot, they revert back to default settings. This is not a problem on my admin account. I tried to G00gle the problem and came up with nothing. The os is Windows Prof 64 bit updated. The pc consist of a Gigabyte ep45-ud3p mobo, Intel quad core and a couple of WD hardrives. No raid or anything like that.

Thanks so much
zooofer
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby evasive » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 am

reverting back to default = something wrong with the profile of that user. recreate the user account.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby zooofer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 am

Thanks for the responce. I did delete the user account and created another basic user account. I set the gui for best performance and restarted. Visualy, the gui is very plain. I'm thinking woohoo, but the windows still "fade" in and out, even though all of the boxes in advanced system settings are unchecked. The fading is what annoys me the most. Any way, I know this is kinda cheesy to spend all of this time on the way a window opens. So I'm not going to drag this out anymore. Thanks for you patience.
zooofer
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Operating Systems