Ubuntu internet connection.

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Ubuntu internet connection.

Postby zooofer » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Greetings all. I have been running Ubuntu on a couple different machines. One Gateway laptop, its about five years old, dual core AMD turion with a gig of ram. The other machine, I don't know much about, its a small pc I found at work. Really low level performance. The problem that I am having is when I first installed the os, it accepted its address from the DHCP server and my internet connection was fine. Then out of the blue, my internet connection just stops working. So I checked the settings and everything seemed to be right. I assigned a static I.P. and still no luck. This happened to both machines and that really bothers me. The O.S. was not updated. I think it was version 10.

Thanks everybody.
zooofer
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby evasive » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 am

OK, there's no brand name on the machines? No idea what kind of network card is in there?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby zooofer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Thank you so much for your responce. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but my whole problem was I had a bad cable. I am sorry for wasting your time.
zooofer
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks for the update....nothing is too silly to post. You might help someone else out! :D
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems