"OVERKILL 922"

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby Mnpctech.com » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 am

The deadline to finish "Overkill 922" is this Thursday, so it can be debuted at the Stompfest LAN Event this weekend,. April 10th - 11th. The final stages are custom paint, custom cable sleeving, sound insulation foam, Enermax cooling fans and Mitron Noise Isolator fan controller.

We thought the custom paint should incorporate some Sci-Fi elements with the "SF" logo from Stompfest with some Industrial cues, like this Yellow & Black Hazard area painted over the top panel of the HAF 922.

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:43 am

It's been a crazy week. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive in time before Foamy picks up the case Thurs and heads to Indianapolis for Stompfest this weekend. If you missed it, The Mod Brothers did a special Podcast on LAN Gaming and Stompfest. Guests included myself, Brad Smith begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting and Jay Albecht of Stompfest, Jeff Hendricks, Ric Mirto, Patrick Martin discussing the upcoming Stompfest and LAN Gaming. You can download it here or subscribe in iTunes here.

Brad and I loved the idea of Yellow & Black Hazard areas on "Overkill 922" and notice that the recessed notches in the HAF are shadowed as well.

We needed a character that embodied the hardcore LAN Gamer. He knows how to build a killer system. Enjoys annihilating Noobs on their inherited Emachines. He likes getting jacked up on Caffeinated Energy Drinks and junk Food. You get the idea... Thats how we landed on the implementation of this "LAN Terminator" dude with the "SF" logo craved into his skull. Hes surrounded by circuits hardwired into the system inside. People should fear the guy that walks into future events with this case.

Check out Brad's airbrushed Red and Blue Glowing LEDS, and conduit tubing à la H.R. GIGER.
Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks for the post Crunch! Installed the window and "SF" logo, installed front Xiggy grills

U-channel window molding, http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html

I use the Clear 3M 4010 Heavy Duty Tape, http://www.mnpctech.com/scotch_4010_tap ... _gods.html

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby WarFox101 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 am

OMG I really love the paint. That really looks like fun to mod that case.
WarFox101
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

mean machine

Postby timeDrift » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 am

Have to said that you are gift it in make one bad ass gaming pc you got my vote if I was to buy one gaming pc from you thank you for share your ideas for true gaming
timeDrift
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Mnpctech.com » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 am

Thank you! I did talk to Elric about partnering on project promotion this year :D
Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to System Modification