help please

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

help please

Postby Storm2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm

TWIMC,

i registered yesterday under the name storm, with email ryley92@gmail.com

i then attempted to change my email address to Ryley.Holmes@Army.Mil

it said:
Sorry, but this e-mail address has been banned.

now when i try to log in it says wrong username or pass

i attempted the "forgot pass" but when i type in either of the emails i get another error message.

i checked both emails, and i havent received anything since yesterday. so $%^!@#....

can someone help me out please

regards,
Storm
Storm2
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Storm2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

i just thought i would add, that i have never been banned from this site, and that error message was incorrect. there is no possible way that email has been banned from your site. I have been watching elric on youtube for awhile, but only just registered on the forum yesterday.

thanks again, i hope you can get this sorted out for me

Regards,
Storm
Storm2
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:15 am

the army.mil domain has not got a decent reverse DNS system in place, hence the mailserver which is just following the standard internet rules marks it as spam. So until the US military thinks of a decent way to handle mail, you can't use .mil addresses. motherboards.org isn't the only site blocking your .mil email addy.

I have re-enabled your account so you can change your email address once more to a provider address or back to your gmail address.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors