p4v8x-mx

Moderator: The Mod Squad

p4v8x-mx

Postby tommie j » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm

just installed win xp pro on this board i had still in an unopened box with 2 old 250 gig seagates unopened until now as well. after install couldn't use the Ethernet, repair said no ip address could be applied as it was fire walled...which it is not as far as i can see. so installed old d-link wireless pci which installed fine .i can see my network, tried to use it and it also says it is fire walled. wtf?im using wepa and all my other laptops (this is the only box rig{ which i miss terribly } i checked zero config and all those services and they are enabled.while there i saw browserwas stopped tried to restart it ciuldnt do it either. im lost any help would be appreciated. im going to put a new system in the box any way but still want to figure this out. thanks tommie j
I bailed, moved to puerto rico ,lifes too short!
tommie j
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

networks diagnostics info

Postby tommie j » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 pm

i did a network diagnostics on the rig and it says i am in network server mode and my role are; LM workstation, LM server and NT. and some where in ther , netwrk server mode enabled. so maybe this has something to do with it.?? if so how do i change this. tommie j
I bailed, moved to puerto rico ,lifes too short!
tommie j
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to Networking