RE: Asus DieHard BIOS boards

A place where the most common PC questions are already answered for you.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

RE: Asus DieHard BIOS boards

Postby Uitlander » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Gigabyte has a link that takes me to a list of their boards having only DualBIOS. Anyone know if Asus has similar list, showing only those motherboards having DieHard BIOS?
Uitlander
Initiate
Initiate

Postby evasive » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Pretty much only some P45 chipsetted boards seem to have DieHard bios. No need to make a list even. Asus tried to trademark DieHard BIOS but has given up in 2010. AOpen had something called DieHard bios some 10 years ago.

From what I can find, only Gigabyte seems to have DualBIOS right now. As far as i am concerned, having a board with a socketed bios chip will do just as well and no need to pay for the brand or the feature. It just depends on how much you want to experiemnt with beta bioses and stuff I guess.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Many thanks...

Postby Uitlander » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:57 pm

evasive wrote:Pretty much only some P45 chipsetted boards seem to have DieHard bios. No need to make a list even. Asus tried to trademark DieHard BIOS but has given up in 2010. AOpen had something called DieHard bios some 10 years ago.

From what I can find, only Gigabyte seems to have DualBIOS right now. As far as i am concerned, having a board with a socketed bios chip will do just as well and no need to pay for the brand or the feature. It just depends on how much you want to experiemnt with beta bioses and stuff I guess.

was thinking I was just too inept to find where Asus stuck their list! So I'll forget Asus DieHard boards and focus on Gigabyte DualBIOS. Pity...first Chaintech , now Asus. Choices continue to dwindle.
Uitlander
Initiate
Initiate

Return to MBHW Q&A