Kiss Your Social Security Goodby

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Kiss Your Social Security Goodby

Postby c327 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:25 am

I recently received a communication that says the following (copy & paste)

SOCIAL SECURITY CHANGES

It does not matter if you personally like or dislike Obama. It is already impossible to live on Social Security alone.. If the government gives benefits to 'illegal' aliens who have never contributed, where does that leave those of us who have paid into Social Security all our working lives?

As stated below, the Senate voted this week to allow 'illegal' aliens access to Social Security benefits. Attached is an opportunity to sign a petition that requires citizenship for eligibility to that social service.

If this is correct I am truly blown out of the water.......

I didn't post the petition here because I didn't think it was the proper place to do that, but just give this some serious thought if this is all correct ???????????
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” It can take a lifetime to earn it and a second to lose it. "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby bdub » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:46 am

good you didn't post the petition, because the whole thing is a hoax...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/socialse ... llegal.asp
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... kers-soci/
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby cw4cam » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:58 pm

:o To start with, social security is NOT a retirement. It is a retirement SUPPLIMENT. Everyone on it now will take out of the system more than they put in. I have been on it for more than 10 years and I have removed from the system more than twice the amount I contributed. Don't blame me, blame the system. This goes for Medicare also. I wish there was a way to get off this so called entitlements. We are not entitled to anything except protection of foreign invasions.
"A pessimist sees a problem with an opportunity. an optimist sees an opportunity with a problem."
Winston Churchill

Civilization is invaded by barbarians every generation. (author unknown)
cw4cam
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:56 am

Hoax is correct. I'm on disability, about the only thing that's happened was no cost of living increase (and I get half of what my last job paid, which was not much....). Nobody can live on SSDI or SSI alone. I'm going to college in the hopes I can land a job that will work with my disabling conditions.....There's also a long term study going on that I sigend up for, calls BOND. Google for it. Right now if you land a job that pays more than $1000 a month, you lose your benefits. This study is looking to not nake benefits totally away, but recuce them gradually, i.e. mkae $2.00, SSSI takes $1.00 off your benefits until you reach a cap. Te rest is way too long to post here.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:02 am

Perhaps they'll save it by taxing it 100%...
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 am

I have had SS income since 1995.. could not survive without it, on just my pension!
Indeed, that warning is a hoax! There are many versions that will trick you into spreading the hoax, or possibly linking to a viral site!
Truth is, newer retirees will have to work longer before being eligible for SS allotments.. retiring beyond age 75. The taxable amount has risen consistently every year, and now is above a $110,000.00 maximum. http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/cbb.html
One main problem with SS benefits is that the politicians want to "cut into" the account for their pet projects.. and thus the rumors start that seniors dependent on that income will loose benefits.
Only certain fields of SS are available to those who did not contribute.. mainly for disabilities. Social Security Eligibility.

If the politicians (Senators, Representatives, et al) were to enroll in the plans for retirement that the "common" people use, then watch how fast the problems would be resolved! Same for Medicare and Medicaid!

Whatever happened to the "Of the People, By the People, For the People" oath?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to The Hundred Year War