Getting on a private, business network problems....

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Getting on a private, business network problems....

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 am

I think I might have posted this awhile back but could not find it so here goes, again..... (sorry if I did)

My wifes company gave their employees a remote networking application to be able to log onto the company network from home. I installed it on both of our home computers.

Problem is, most of the time it will log into one or the other of our home computers but not both and sometimes it will not log into either one.

None of the companies other employees say they have ever had a problem logging into the company network from any of their home computers or laptops.

I have had computer techs come over and look at our computers and say their is nothing wrong.

We can never find anything wrong with our stuff or the companies and our computers are the only ones ever having the problems.

What can be happening? We never have problems getting on the internet. Our internet is through Comcast and is very fast. We have an old Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router but it has never caused us problems.

So, is it somehow conflicting with something at their business or what?

This is sooooo important for my wifes job but we live in a small town and the "computer techs" for the computer stores around here only know entry level or maybe mid level networking and not really enough to completely analyze a network down to tiniest bits. I do not know if that really makes a difference but it might.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:24 am

Your anti-virus and firewall programs may be blocking access. Set the IP as 'trusted' or 'safe'. Same may need to be checked with the company's anti-virus and firewall settings for your IP.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 am

Try connecting one of the PCs directly into the Comcast modem, no other network devices. See if it connects fine at that point.
That will let you know if its your home network or not.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Networking