Best virus searcher?

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Best virus searcher?

Postby hunter1801 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I want to get a program that can check files that I download off the internet to make sure they don't contain viruses, spyware, malware, or anything like that. What is the best thing I can do?
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:15 pm

May be a huge controversy on the brand, but I prefer AVG. Get the full suite, and you have anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, Firewall, link scanner, anti-rootkit, Email scanner, Web shield and tools, plus resident shield. Not top-heavy when working, either. And the price is right (free version as well as subscription)!
Here is a listing of the higher-ranking programs.. http://www.pcantivirusreviews.com/
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

I use Avast at the moment, AVG got too bloated and system heavy after the last major version upgrade a year or so ago. There's free and paid versions of that, as well, but the only things you gain by paying for the pro version is the ability to schedule scans, updates, that sort of thing. Functionally, it offers the same protections as the free version. Use that and Malwarebytes and you're good to go for $0.00 USD.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby garin94 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:41 am

AVG is probably one of the best, cheapest Anti-Virus software you can download at this time.
garin94
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Copper » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:19 pm

i use avast, for the same reasons as fussnfeathers
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Yes but what about the people that can't afford to buy AV's

Postby braydenalex » Sat May 14, 2011 11:29 am

Why no one speak about free antivirus application , they are good software too , the can protect computer and some of them they have firewalls too.
braydenalex
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Why now one mention about free antivirus applications ?

Postby braydenalex » Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 am

Payed antivirus programs are a good choice , you have only to find the best one for you , however some people can't afford to buy shareware antivirus programs , on this forum page no one give more information about the free antivirus programs , allot people don't install any antiviruses because they don't have money to buy one , but they should know more about those free programs , they are good too, they can protect the PC's against threads , here is a list of free antivirus reviews , they can save your data (pictures, video,documents) , about 70% of all computers they don't use any antivirus software , use them they can help you. PDT_Armataz_01_01
braydenalex
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby AzzuMod » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm

I think AVG is good for you. It is cheapest and works well. You can try it. It will helps you. Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Best Antivirus
AzzuMod
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:11 am

Nice. You probably should have read the date of the first post. I believe he found his answer nearly two years ago. :twisted:
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:53 am

Well over time things might change a bit, AVG is trying to win back customers with a slightly less bloated product and Avast this week had its oopsy by removing an essential windows file leaving your system unbootable.

As always, ymmv, a good antivirus product is no replacement for using your brain before you click (links, emails/files whatever) and keeping a backup of your important stuff externally from your machine.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security