Need A Bios for a Soyo SY-P4I875P DRAGON 2

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Have you properly done the last steps required after a BIOS update? That includes disconnecting the AC mains from the PSU and attempting a few starts to drain reserves. Then remove the BIOS battery, and move the CLRCMOS jumper to the 'clear' position for about 10 seconds. Put the jumper back to the 'normal' position, and replace the battery then power up. Go immediately into the BIOS to reset all features. If you don't, then some default settings may cause a DOA response.
If when you power on after doing the CMOS clearing, and the system searches only a floppy drive, then the BIOS has not been properly written. Hopefully, it will self-restore if the proper program is on the floppy disk. If not, then either a chip replacement or sending it back to the company for repair is the only course.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Soyo is dead and gone after it was sold to PC Chips some time ago.

I just hope the bios chip is in a socket so it can be programmed elsewhere with the proper bios.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby mcardo99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:04 pm

To answer your question about the compatibility of the P4i875P Platinum Edition. I have been successfully running my P4i875P Platinum Edition with a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Prescott (1MB cache) 800FSB for over 3 years. I used to have a Pentium 4 2.4 Northwood (512Kb cache) 800FSB and it all worked fine, mind you I never tested RAID. I had/have the latest firmware for this board (P4CW-4ba5) When I upgraded to the prescott the computer would not restart upon exiting/saving bios changes, which I found weird, I had to CTL+ALT+DEL to restart and the changes would actually hold. Other than that everything works fine.

An issue worth mentioning, which may or may not have anything to do with the motherboard using a Prescott is that for some reason I cannot successfully do RAID. So I created the RAID setup in the Silicon Image bios utility (which may be accessed it by pressing CTL+S or F4 after the POST given that you have the controller turned on from the BIOS) Chose RAID1 (mirroring), then chose "offline" clone, meaning to copy files from source drive to destination drive RIGHT NOW, and said "YES" to copy now and it would just freeze there (followed by CTL+ALT+DEL just to find no RAID being performed). Again this might not have anything to do with the Prescott processor, The drives are Linux file system EXT3 and I suspect that may be the reason. Anyhow to figure this out I have ordered a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Northwood 800FSB and should arrive soon.

I am looking to test whether the computer WILL or not restart after exit/save BIOS changes and whether the Silicon Image utility behaves any different. I will post again.

NOTE: I have a collection of drivers that I've kept over the years, old and new drivers including the BIOS ver P4CW-4ba5 supposedly the latest. Ask if you wish to get a copy.

My bios says 09/27/2004 Canterwood 6A79BS29C-00
mcardo99
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby mcardo99 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 am

I received the Northwood processor and the problem was not the Prescott processor.

I solved the RAID issue mentioned above by extracting the BIOS file and replacing the old RAID firmware with latest RAID firmware file for the RAID. All found on google and the RAID firmware found on the HighPoint website.
mcardo99
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:53 am

so using CBROM to replace the module. What version is the RAID bios now?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby mcardo99 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 am

I used a DOS program to extract the modules, I forgot the name of the program. Downloaded the bios for the SIL3112 ver 4.2.84 compiled and flashed.

I remember trying 4.4.0.2 and didn't work.
mcardo99
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 am

yeah that sounds like cbrom alright and thanks for the info on what version of the raid bios to use.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to BIOS