HTML/CSS HELP Resizing Images

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

HTML/CSS HELP Resizing Images

Postby chrisostomos » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:09 am

Hi,

I am wondering how i can put my picture on my site witout making them pixley.
The problem is the only way they are not pixley is if the height and the width i put in the IMG tag match the actual size and width of the pic.
Otherwise the image looks pixley. I actually want to put a higher resolution picture in a smaller IMG tag. Reason being incase i need to use a higher resolution pic on the site in the future.
I also tried using EMs and didnt help

Any Feedback would be appriciated

Thank You
Chris
chrisostomos
Initiate
Initiate

Postby olly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:49 am

Resize them with an image manipulation program. Photoshop is the best. This free one is pretty good too though:

www.gimp.org
olly
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby sjjoseph » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:18 pm

When implementing image in your HTML code take the height and width of the IMG tag smaller then the size of image.
Then in property set the image status to stretch.
By this you can set the image without modifying its pixels.
sjjoseph
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby chrisadam » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 pm

. I actually want to put a higher resolution picture in a smaller IMG tag. Reason being incase i need to use a higher resolution pic on the site in the future.
chrisadam
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby jcrusious » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:40 am

sjjoseph wrote:When implementing image in your HTML code take the height and width of the IMG tag smaller then the size of image.
Then in property set the image status to stretch.
By this you can set the image without modifying its pixels.

But if picture is resolution of 400X500 than how i can show it in a big size of 800X1200?
jcrusious
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 am

Some photo editing programs can easily enlarge an image, and increase pixel count to avoid a 'tiling' effect. But an easy way is to enlarge the image to about 8x desired, then use the "sharpen" effect. May take a few seconds to effect the change.. then shrink the image to desired size. It should have good detail. But if an image is only 400X500 to begin with, you cannot add detail that isn't there. Best to start with a hi-res image.
An image that was resolved for 640x480 seen on a screen at double that image size will always appear 'tiled' or coarse.
To get a crisp base image, you need a camera that has at least a 4 mp resolution. Cell-phone and Web cams are lucky to have a 1 mp resolution.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Programming