Reminder to new members-first posts and advertising

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Reminder to new members-first posts and advertising

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:20 pm

You and I both know you need five posts to post links. Please do not make those five posts "thanks" or similar in five year old posts. Please use this post to say hello.

Please do NOT post links to your websites to draw business. Motherboards.org charges for advertising, if you wish to advertise on the site, you will need to get ahold of Doc Overclock, arrange for payment, then give him an image file to work with to put your ad in rotation.

ALL THREADS WITH ADVERTISING WILL BE DELETED. THis includes signatures, location, and random links at the end of otherwise fine posts. You agreed not to spam the forumus when you signed up, please remember that unpaid advertising is spam.

Thanks.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm

The steps taken to counteract the spam posting on the forum have been done for good reason. There is no leniency when breaking the rules, while this forum is not a "nazi soup kitchen" there are rules for a reason and they are to be followed..

Bumping older threads with nonsense posts just to get your post count up is in essence bypassing the spam countermeasures. And posting numerous different topics for help with the same system is also a no-no.

Even if your intentions are good, breaking the rules will result in a ban!!

The staff (admins and moderators) can assist you with links if deemed necessary. Feel free to PM one of us, I know evasive, myself, hardware junkie and fussnfeathers are here on a regular enough basis that there should be a fairly speedy reply.
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Return to Announcements