|Slushbox| Cooling

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

|Slushbox| Cooling

Postby damnskippy23 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 pm

So i recently saw someone on youtube cool their PC using ice and water cooling. What you do is you take the radiator of your watercooling unit and stick it in a bag or in this case a lunchbox full of ice and a bit of water. Cool the cpu as low as 0c ( Which I ended up doing in later trials) and overclock the crap out of it haha. I didn't try to hard in the video but it was worth it. Went from 3.6Ghz to 4.1Ghz on the multiplier alone. Then almost 4.2Ghz when tweaking the FSB. I would have been able to hit a lot higher if I didnt have such a crappy mobo. I'm sorry about the "dots" I cant post links yet lol

Desktop video

www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=v5zNDw3NJsQ

|Slushbox| cooling video (Both videos made by me)

www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=LQJVNlpJIX4
damnskippy23
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Pictures

Postby damnskippy23 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 pm

I post pictures of another setup I did. If you want to see the first one I did just watch the video. And if you are feeling like a nice person subscribe :D

Has anyone else tried this before?
damnskippy23
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

2nd try

Postby damnskippy23 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:11 pm

So as I mentioned earlier I tried this a second time and got even better cooling results
I dont feel like posting links to the pictures so I made a video of me doing the cooling/overclocking and there are pictures at the end of the video.

youtube(dot)com/watch?v=3-p8qimq5is

If anyone else wants to try this I reall do recommend watching Spalla's video on it and then reading the comments on mine. He gave me a few pointers.

If anyone wants me to give it another go with some suggested settings I am more than willing to try it out :)
damnskippy23
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks