Obama promotes murder

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Obama promotes murder

Postby CivilDissent » Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 am

Of all the things that people forgive our current "leader" for, now add murder of a former president to it.

It is amazing all of the things that so many people allow this president to do while if any of the former presidents had done the exact same thing, they would have been shot.

ABC spent this morning endorsing a "poet"'s promoting of killing a former president. Would they do the same thing if a country or rock singer promoted the death of the current president? Or, is it only allowed to go in one direction?

As I have stated many, many times, this country is NOT about equality in no way, sort or form.

I suggest to ABC that those exact lines of "poetry" be stated in a 180 revert aimed back at Obama and let us see the riots that would erupt.

No, this country is not about equality and never will be.
Last edited by CivilDissent on Thu May 12, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby bdub » Thu May 12, 2011 7:17 am

nice topic header... if enough repeat it, maybe it'll become true, just like obama wasn't born here.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Thu May 12, 2011 9:36 am

Nice way to avoid the point of the message.

If not speaking against the intent of one of his guests message is ok, then can the next Republican president invite the Ku Klux Klan to one of his dinners and have a good time?

Just because Obama did not say he endorsed the message does not mean he doesn't. I read that the president made sure to clarify that he does support police officers that the guest mocked but made sure not to speak against the promotion of murder in his guests message.

Not speaking against something, especially by ones own guest, says many words in itself.

The current president is a racist and has spoken, at many speeches, with the intent to degrade the caucasian race many times and yet he is forgiven for it. This is not equality.

Caucasions, in the South especially, are especially insulted because something that happened over 160 years ago...over 8 generations back. Does this mean that if someone of african american heritage commits a crime against someone of caucasian dissent that his or her family should not be forgiven for the next 160 years?

The point is that equality means that everyone...black, white, asian or whatever should be treated equally in all ways. So, either caucasians should be able to use the same racist bigoted intent the media, etc. as other races or neither one of them should be able to.

Personally, I believe the latter. Racism, sexism, etc. is the same no matter what race, sex, etc. it comes from, period.

Either forgive and move on or things are just going to get worse.

I would be willing to guarantee that everyone has something in their families past that could be complained about. People either need to get over it or this nation will never be a nation of equality...ever.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby bdub » Thu May 12, 2011 12:16 pm

"Just because Obama did not say he endorsed the message does not mean he doesn't."

seriously???

so obama is racist against white people? do you even know he is half white? raised by his white mother?

what is obama endorsing in the poetry of common at the white house event that is so inflamitory to you?

or is it just because a rapper said things in the past, that it is inflamatory just to have him at the white house?

do you believe in freedom of speech?
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
antec neo he 650r
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby hunter1801 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm

What are you even talking about? What former president is Obama "promoting to murder"? A thread with a statement like this with no backing or links is almost completely pointless.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby bdub » Thu May 12, 2011 12:23 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Music/ra ... d=13585460
overblown stuff by our supposed "oh-so-liberal" press.
oh yeah, the guy didn't say anything at the actual poetry reading, he just said stuff in the past.

sarah palin is showing how completely irrelevant she is now...
Last edited by bdub on Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
antec neo he 650r
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby hunter1801 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Definitely blown out of proportion. It's ridiculous to take this situation and translate it into "Obama supports the murder of a former president". Seriously? Come on.....
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Thu May 12, 2011 1:45 pm

So, people are not responsible for what they have done in the past? Isn't that exactly what the media is bringing up right now with Republican presidential candidates?

What is the latest thing about Newt Gingrich? If I am not wrong, and I do not believe I am, the big 3 are claiming things about some things Gingrich did in his past. Also, what about Romney. The big 3 are digging up things about his past also. So, yes, the past does matter.

Also, is it not a big thing that the media is constantly trying to squirm responses out of candidates because if the candidate does not make a statement against something the media implies they are on the wrong side of it.

This was done to Bush many times.

Also, if a politician can just keep their mouth shut about something and be considered on the "correct" side then every politician would just not say anything about topics they did not agree with.

I also stand by what I said in my first post, let those words be spoken/written in 180 degree opposite and let us see what happens. I am sure we will not like it.

If the past does not matter, why does Obama keep bringing it up so much. (I should not have to find a quote for that, he does it in most of his speeches.)
Last edited by CivilDissent on Fri May 13, 2011 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CivilDissent » Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Last edited by CivilDissent on Fri May 13, 2011 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CivilDissent » Thu May 12, 2011 2:17 pm

"While the president doesn't support the kind of lyrics that have been raised here, some of these reports distort what Mr. Lynn stands for more broadly," said White House press secretary Jay Carney.

Why can't Obama say it out of his own mouth? If he does not support those lyrics, why does he not say it?

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War