2k wireless utility w/ a USB Wireless stick?

Moderator: The Mod Squad

2k wireless utility w/ a USB Wireless stick?

Postby videobruce » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Running 2k on a older Laptop, running the manufactures (Ralink RT2870 chipset) utility for a USB wireless stick causes issues so I want to try using Windows wireless utility. Problem is, I can't find how to use it. I have it running under Services.

The supplied utility & drivers are installed, but I stopped loading the utility since it causes the PS2 mouse to stop responding as soon as the utility loads. The stick connects and does work, but I have no control over it without running the utility.

I tried another no name sticks software (the exact same stick, but under a different name) but it has a overly complex utility (and a newer driver), but it causes the Laptop to lock up completely.

I never used a USB wireless stick before and never used wireless anything in 2k when I use to run it 6 or 7 years ago. The Laptop isn't for me.

Does 2k have the ability to run a wireless device with its own utility as it does in XP, or is this because it is a USB stick, not a PCI card where the problem is?
When not in use, turn off the juice.
Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby evasive » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 am

We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Networking