The US media........the Master Hypocrite.......

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

The US media........the Master Hypocrite.......

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:33 am

Well, Glenn Beck has been booted from FOX. I am sure people on the left are partying at this time.

I cannot say that I agreed with everything Beck said but he did make alot of good points and I would sure like to see many, such as George Soros, respond to his (Soros) own snide statements.

With that said, the ultimate thought that Becks' quashing shows, and it is not the first time, is that, in the US, there is absolutely NO such thing as freedom of the press or freedom of speech...............if it does not align with extremist, left leaning point of view.

Sure, there are blogs and forums, such as this one, that allow alot of freedom (THANK YOU MOTHERBOARDS.ORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but as far as the main, professionally paid media goes, if it is down the center or right tilted in any way, it will be cut or deleted.

The US has not been a country of freedom for some time and is getting worse all the time.

I travel the world on an annual basis and I am often embarrased to admit that I am from such a narrow minded, jilted country as the US.

Mind you, I am in a country that is supposed to be one of the most open minded in the world while writing this and that says alot!!!
Last edited by CivilDissent on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:27 am

umm, fired? Not what I have heard..

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4635707
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:03 am

Toby B. wrote:umm, fired? Not what I have heard..

Right. As I understand it, he's leaving of his own free will to pursue other avenues. Nobody fired him.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:20 pm

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/06/glenn ... w-dropped/

Does not exactly imply choice.

The network most likely asserted that if he did not make the choice, they would. So, he did to prevent the impression.

But, back to real point I was making....a narrow minded US media.

The US has, for a long time, claimed itself as the leader of the world for claiming a free voice and expression in an otherwise restricted world.

CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and the vast majority of radical liberal publications such as New York newspapers extremely rarely allow any expression other than their own radical liberal slants.

Thank goodness I travel and get out of the US media narrow minded brainwashing that is so easily sucked up in public schools, libraries, etc.

The US claims "equality" consistently but regularly shows programs that degrade men such as The View but if a point of view were shown opposing its side, the program would be shut down very quickly.

George Bush was consistently called names and derogatory terms by people such as David Letterman but if someone were to call the current "president" terms along the same line, they would immediately be labelled as racist and most likely be never heard from again.

A very good example of the hypocricy is something such as when Bush was president, CBS, NBC and ABC had a body counter posted on the screen anytime the evening news was on constantly ticking up the number of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Guess what? Our soldiers are still there and still dieing yet when was the last time anyone saw one of those body counters on the screen????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Extremely racist and sectarian if you ask me or do only Republicans get body counters and not Democrats?

Another example is why are Republicans called conservatives by the major US media while Democrats are called Democrats. Maybe they should start calling Democrats liberals and Republicans Republicans.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 am

Oh - let's not forget NPR/CPB. "Public TV" is nothing but a front for the liberals, pushing 'Climate Change', New World Order, Welfare promotion, left wingnut news, etc. They wouldn't qualify as a Tax Exempt organization with the force they put behind their political issues... so why are we funding them with Tax money ?!? The best programming they offer is from Canada or Britain (although I do like the National Weather Service Channel with weather conditions and forecasts).

When I was a kid, reruns were run in sequence and perhaps one time (at a time), not like today's TV where we get 'rebroadcasts' of news over and over the same day, or (pretty much all Cops or Medical) drama shows dozens of times per week. The National news is not so much competing as in sync with each other, same storys, same opinions, any dissenting opinions are simply not aired and are riducled.

Anyone see news coverage about the Protests in NYC 4/9/2011 ? No ? Well, someone decided it was not 'Newsworthy'...

Arthur C Clarke concluded one of his final global satellite broadcasts with suggestion "If you think that you can withhold news from the populations and can control the news - you will be swept away" (something to that effect). The internet is making this come true.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

While I do agree with what you say, Thomas, even most of the "search engines" that I know have have terribly leftist slants. I am quite sure that being in my mid-40's someone younger could point me to a better, more conservative, or at least neutral, search engine to use.

I use Yahoo! mostly and since Google does not list articles and has nothing but the search square itself all I mostly see are snide articles about how Republicans, etc. cause all the worlds problems. Even most newspapers, in the US, slant everything to the left.

And, like you say, there is aloooot of other news out there that very conveniently never makes to the US citizens eyes or ears so that so many people believe that everything is the way that the US media portrays it. The US media misleads and deceives so often it is not even funny.

The media can say something that is, in essence, true but just neglect to mention that the opposite is also true therefore leading a person to believe something without full awareness of the whole situation. Depending on how someone might define a lie they might be able to claim they told the truth, just not the whole truth.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to The Hundred Year War