The Real Test..............

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

The Real Test..............

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:12 am

Well, here it finally comes..............the real test of Obama's presidency.

When Egypt goes radical Islamic and the brotherhood takes over, and it will, how is the president going to handle $5 dollar a gallon oil? Is he merely going to push electric cars more? Will he open Gulf of Mexico oil wells to higher production to bring costs down some? Will he try to find other countries to suck off of?

People are not going to give up their Benz, Ferrari, trucks and other vehicles that will never go electric. How hard is he going to push?

This is going to be a major backlash.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Hardware Junkie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Yeah Obama. Wake up and smell the coffee...bomb those f*ckers for oil. They don't deserve to live anyways...

(Note: Extreme Sarcasm....)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Same thing will happen as it did last summer when gas prices soared past $4 a gallon. A bunch of government inquiries that cost tax payers a pile of money. and in the end not a damned thing came of it beyond a national brush off from the government.

"Big Oil" is run on greed. Government is run on greed... So unless you're a rich smooth talker your pretty much screwed.

90% of what caused the gulf of mexico disaster was greed. BP was cutting corners on safety to maximize profits.

The production facilities at least in the US are decades behind where they should be as far as technology and also the sheer lack of facilities.... Why you ask? Cause of greed. Shareholders get pissy about no profits when companies dump millions into keeping up with technology.
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:06 am

When another real reasonable source of energy is found that can be used to power our cars or our home heating systems then the all of the middle eastern country's will have to rely on mass produced prayer rugs for their main source of income.

As an alternative to this while we are waiting, we might consider bombing the living daylights out of all of those sikos.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Somethings that alot of people do not think about, though, is the fact that oil is used to make many other things and I am sure that the prices of those things will go up also.

Everything from ethylene and propane and other gases are produced from the breaking down of oil. From there you get the things such as heating fuels, plastics, laminating substances and more.

So everything from the lamination on your published papers to your 7-11 cups to the plastic bottles used to contain your bottled water to your Ziploc bags to your computer cases to your monitors to your mouse to your car dash to lots and lots or more things have to do with oil.

If we lose a major supplier of oil, i.e. Egypt, prices are going to soar. Oh well, I guess we can just chop down more trees for the fireplace.

Al Gore just needs to admit that global warming has to do more with a soaring human population than with the companies themselves. The higher population levels get, the more supplies need to be manufactured and the more materials we will need to rip out of the earth.

If he wants to tirade, he just needs to tell people to cut back on the insemination a bit.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

Actually, when the Fed decided to assure that BP pays for the Gulf oil spill - who did we think would end up paying anyway ?

Carbon credits are the next 'tax' that will impose itself on energy, and who'll pay for that ?

What the White House needs to do is to announce a policy to Drill Drill Drill and watch OPEC respond by backing off on prices to assure us that it won't be cost-effective to drill our own oil. (Yes, ANWR too).
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby MrG » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Toby B. wrote:last summer when gas prices soared past $4 a gallon

:mb_rofl1::

Think yourself lucky you don't live in the real world.
http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... ht=#743735
MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Toby B. » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 am

MrG wrote:
Toby B. wrote:last summer when gas prices soared past $4 a gallon

:mb_rofl1::

Think yourself lucky you don't live in the real world.
http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... ht=#743735
haha I live in a fantasy world. My mode of transportation doesn't exceed two foot power and only cost about $5.00US a day to operate lol...
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:09 am

I've been looking into getting an ebike for the summer months myself
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 am

Hardware Junkie wrote:I've been looking into getting an ebike for the summer months myself
haha I walk talking about walking nic lol..
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War