How High Can Crude Go In Price?

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:11 pm

And the British Pound was once at £2.80 per U.S. Dollar.

Sorry about that! :oops:
Golden Rules of Posting:
#1: Proof-read before submitting!
#2: Postings should be in truth.
#3: Don't post when intoxicated (drunk)!
#4: Don't post when tired!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: How High Can Crude Go In Price?

Postby tedybear » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Maybe it is time for someone to go to court for a 'show cause' order so those commodity traders can explain why the price is so outlandish!!
The world's economy is at stake!

Congrats Karl. At least someone understands who's ACTUALLY responsible for the true cost of a barrel of crude.

The falling dollar is not helping matters either---but the ones setting the prices? Big Surprise!!! It's not "Big Oil"!!! It's the traders on wall street biding up the price every time someone farts!

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Also a very strange matter.. why the pump price will rise almost immediately after the price per barrel goes up, and yet may take 5 to 6 days to come back down, after the crude price has dropped?
Something is fishy.. and it isn't in the bait bucket!!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Actually in Minnesota we have a State Agency that daily sets the minimum 'legal' price for gasoline - it is supposedly to prevent gas stations from doing damage to each other or driving a little guy out of business by selling below 'cost' (actually cost plus a State determined profit).

But of all commoditys, it sems to jump up without much provocation and never really go back down...
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby kevinloh » Sat May 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Over here in Brunei Darussalam, we are an oil exporting country with which the large majority of Brunei's income is derived from the sales of oil and gas.

Over here the price of regular gasoline is Brunei Dollars $0.53/litre thats USD$0.38/litre and for diesel its Bruneian Dollars $0.32/litre or USD$0.23/litre taking into account the Bruneian$-US$ exchange rate.

In my opinion, Brunei has the lowest price of oil in the region, 4 times less than Singapore. In Brunei the number of cars per person ratio is very high it's almost unity. So for a family of 7, its very common to see 6 cars sometimes 8 cars in that particular family.

In Brunei, the government subsidizes the following for the general public:

Rice
Sugar
Education
Oil and Gas
Healthcare
No Taxes (except Road Taxes)

For citizens of Brunei Darussalam, they are extremely lucky. They have benefits such as below :

Entitle for Government and Non-government Scholarships
Easier to find Jobs in Private and Public Sector
Almost free $1 healthcare including medicine, doctor fees, surgery, ward admissions, dental)
Free treatment overseas if disease can't be treated here
Free Education
Free Housing/Land
Interest free loans when working for the government

That is the benefits for people living in Brunei Darussalam. I'm very sorry to hear about the skyrocketing oil-prices worldwide and I am very thankful for what I have right now.
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3
Intel 3930K 3.20Ghz O/C to 4.0GHz
PHANTEKS PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler
16GB CORSAIR DDR3-2133 LP
SAMSUNG 830 256GB SSD SATA3
12TB HDD Drives
EVGA Nvidia 2GB GTX680 Superclocked Signature 2
CORSAIR AX1200W PSU
Sharkoon T28 Green Edition Case
DELL 22 Widescreen LCD Monitor E228WFP
kevinloh
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun May 04, 2008 5:52 am

Nice that the Brunei government cares about its population!

Undoubtedly, the "overhead" price per barrel for export is the major support for those programs.. going directly into government coffers.
And exporting more than 200,000 barrels per day is no small matter!

The devalued U.S. dollar, Federal interest rate cuts, Mid-East turmoil plus other aspects, have led to a frenzy of over-pricing crude supplies. But there are government regulations that allow "loop-holes" for commodity traders, and they are taking advantage of those exceptions.. to the dismay and misfortune of the entire world's economy!
A lot of fall-out is already noted: Higher food prices, more use of mass-transit, idling of those low-MPG road monsters. The trucking industry has taken the hardest hit on their operations cost.
The cost for utilities such as electric has also risen substantially. Where will it end?
Hopefully well before a critical stage!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MrG » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 pm

How High Can Crude Go In Price?

A lot @#$! higher now they've gone and blown up one of Libya's oil fields.

:x :x :x
MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey.. talk about "resurrection" of the dead!! But here we are again, in the same boat with no viable excuse for the high price of crude.. except that of profit! Guess this news item is the one you refer to, MrG. Nice when a despot blows up his country's source of major income! Callous disregard for the citizens of the country!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby bdub » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 am

to the point of "high" oil prices.... are they really "high" when the cost of oil has not been linked to the cost of inflation over the years? even with the high prices today, adjusted for inflation, gas prices today are actually lower than they were decades ago! i am talking in the US, here. some european countries are paying over $8 a gallon.

this ain't gonna be the fact forever.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MrG » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:36 am

bdub wrote:to the point of "high" oil prices.... are they really "high" when the cost of oil has not been linked to the cost of inflation over the years? even with the high prices today, adjusted for inflation, gas prices today are actually lower than they were decades ago! i am talking in the US, here. some european countries are paying over $8 a gallon.

this ain't gonna be the fact forever.

I'm in the UK and 2 days ago I paid £1.32 per litre which equates to $9.67 per gallon! So don't tell me the price isn't high.
MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler