GTAIV/EFLC

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

GTAIV/EFLC

Postby PFCBarefoot » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi all!

This is my first post. Anyways, I know a lot of you know of the Grand Theft Auto series from Rockstar. Well I am going to tell you a little bit about it. I won't go into the storyline but more so talk about how well it performs stacked up against todays systems as well as modding capabilities.

Now yes I know it has been out for a while, but the fact of the matter remains, this game is quite demanding on todays systems. For example, my system is running an AMD Phenom II X4 945, 6Gb DDR2 1066Mhz, and a GTX 470. This would be considered well above recommended specs for game operation, however, even with no AA (not an option for this game) and graphical settings around medium, I am only getting about 30-40 FPS. With maxed out graphical settings, the game uses about 1200MB of graphics memory. That being the case, this game would be GREAT for benchmark testing for new hardware, mainly GPUs.

Now as far as modding goes, this game is not easy but also not difficult. It requires a moderate level of knowledge about computer operations. There are many mods out there to make this game as realistic as possible. I for one, have every vehicle modded with real vehicles. There are also many types of graphics mods out there to help you get the most out of the game. With these graphics mods, the game becomes very close as far as graphical capabilities in comparison to CryEngine games.

There are also "total conversion" mods out there to change the concept of the game completely. For example, I am a moderator for gtapolicemods .com. What we have done is taken a game that revolves around violence and law breaking, and turned it around into a police oriented game. You can play as a cop, make traffic stops, make arrests, respond to different calls, and naturally have good ol' police chases.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there are virtually endless capabilities with modding GTA IV and EFLC. This is still a demanding game for todays modern CPUs and GPUs and is an excellent benchmarking tool to compare hardware.

What are your thoughts?
Anyone play this game on the PC?
PFCBarefoot
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Watch movies online

Postby Kavin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Ya, I mostly play games on my PC. There is no problem while playing it but it requires Graphic card for Grand Theft 4 and 5.
Kavin
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Games