Help with remote access for Samsung SRD-470D video recorder

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Help with remote access for Samsung SRD-470D video recorder

Postby elduderino » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi

Can someone help me set up the Samsung SRD-470D recorder, so that i can access my security cameras remotely.

http://www.samsungsecurity.co.uk/product/product_view_feature.asp?p=1177

I have the manual.

http://www.samsungsecurity.com/prd/pro_down_pop_list.asp?cat_biz=ctv&prj_uid=1477&pro_uid=5481&dow_flg=MAN

I have tried the Phone tech support site but it is always busy.

I have all the necessary equipment Router/modem(BT2700HGV), & a fixed IP address.

Here is the web page for port forwarding that router

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9445/c/426,427,1951

Or failing that, an online webpage with graphical instructions.

Thanks for any help you can give
Last edited by elduderino on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
elduderino
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Your reference links are atrophied.. useless. I did find this link from a search for that model. Manual and specs links on the page.
If the unit can be networked, it will need an IP address, either dynamic or static.. plus the Gateway mask. The manual should explain how to find these statistics so you can include the device in networking. There are provisions for an RJ-45 networking connection or USB networking connection. Cat 5E or Cat 6E would be best for distances up to 100 ft. USB is attenuated beyond 30 ft. But you should be able to connect a wireless USB transceiver and get a decent range.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby elduderino » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:22 am

Hi Karlsweldt

Thanks for the reply.

i have corrected the links.

My main problem is the information required on page 60 of the manual.

I have installed the Video & cameras, an they work fine.

Its the access remotely i am struggling with.

Samsung are a waste of time when it comes to supporting access remotely. I just can't belive they sell you products & dont support fully.

Thanks
elduderino
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:12 am

Wow! 23 megs of DL!!
Had a look at that page 60. Perhaps this link will help you find the IP address and other networking IDs.
Basically, do Start>Run and type in cmd . You will have a black text window, then type in ipconfig /all . This will display all networked connections that are active. When you have your info, type exit to close the command window. As noted on that manual page, it is important to know the Gateway mask and change it if required, also if the unit's IP address conflicts with other units.

Those atrophied URL links sometimes don't work. If you want to make an active link without the long URL string, use this method..
[url={URL string}]{descriptor}[/url] and the different color text will be a "live" link. Note the back bracket between the string and the descriptor.. important.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Networking