Problem with ASUS M4N78 SE BIOS

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Problem with ASUS M4N78 SE BIOS

Postby cexher » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 am

Hello people.
I'm a new user in this forum. Sorry if my English isn't good, I'm Spanish.
I wonder if anyone have this motherboard because my BIOS has been erased completely. I need a full backup of a good BIOS from the same kind of mobo to restore it.
The chip of BIOS is totally blank because the owner used a program for Award but this mobo has an AMI BIOS.
If anyone have this mobo and wants to help me, please let me know.

Thanks.
cexher
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 am

you can download the bios from Asus, that is a full copy of the bios including the boot block.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby cexher » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:46 am

Hello.
Thank you for your answer.
I tried it but does not work. The PC is on for 2 seconds and then turns off.
Is the same as it haven't BIOS.
The memory used for BIOS have 8MB of capacity, but the rom that we download from ASUS has 1MB. It's only to update some parts.
The critical parts are not deleted in the process.
I have a program that allows entire backup of the memory, ie 8MB. Then I have to write the file in the memory by an Eprom programmer. It's the only way.
I have tried other metods, but I failed.

Greetings.
Last edited by cexher on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cexher
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Might be some help here.. in the form of a driver install for the BIOS.. http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/A ... 0602.shtml

Or from the Asus site.. it is supposed to have a crash-free BIOS to allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash drive.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby cexher » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm sure that the Crash-Free Bios routines have been deleted, because it does not work when I turn on the PC.
My main board is an Asus M4N82 Deluxe that has the same kind of Bios chip (W25X80A)
I tried to make a "hot swapping" but no program was able identified the chip. I made a full copy of my Bios and write in the bad chip. Then put it in my mobo and it started very well, so I think that write the correct file in the chip with the Eprom programmer is the only way.
The program that I used to make a backup of Bios is named "BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0". It's found in many pages. Some antivirus detect it as a false positive, but is completely safe. The program only read data, it doesn't make any modification.
When it runs, shows the default size of Bios (1Mb) that it is the flasheable block, but you can select custom size at 8192Kb (8Mb) and make a file that containing the complete copy of Bios.

Thanks for your answers.
cexher
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to BIOS