Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Number

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Number

Postby yohosuff » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Hey there,

I was wondering if someone could have a look at a top-down photo of this motherboard and identify it for me. (Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Number)

Thanks in advance! :D

PS - Moderators please don't ban me for quickly posting 5 comments just so that I could provide a link to the photo of the motherboard. I tried to make them insightful. :D
yohosuff
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

I know it's old...

Postby yohosuff » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:06 pm

...but I would really like to know who manufactured it.

As for the work that I have thus far done... I ripped it out of the tower and examined it for a good 20-30 minutes before deciding to see if there was someone else more knowledgable than myself out here on the internets that could shed some light on the origin of this particularly 'ancient' piece of hardware. ;)

But seriously, any help would be much appreciated. :D
yohosuff
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Mr T » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:09 pm

This needs to go in the Motherboard Identification forum.... Check there for tips on what to post to help id, photos are not always helpful..

Obviously its an Intel s478 board, 2 RAM slots, 2 PCI slots 1 AGP and being uATX has onboard graphics and lan, realtek sound, 2 IDE connectors and no floppy... What system was it ripped from? Packard-Bell, Compaq, HP? Does it start up? If so, what's the BIOS string on the bottom of the first screen? Any markings on the board?
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

SOLVED

Postby yohosuff » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:24 am

SOLVED, SOLVED, SOLVED.

Thanks for the reply anyways. :p

I googled a free hardware identifier (forgot which one), found the model number, and everything made sense again. I was just trying to update the drivers for the on-board video. :D
yohosuff
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:25 am

ok, would you please give us the make and model then? maybe someone else can benefit from the info.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum