Reporter in the lockerroom..............

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Reporter in the lockerroom..............

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 pm

My point is about equality.

The female, latino reporter in the USA, male lockerroom debate is starting to get big now and it would be interesting to see how the majority feel.

Personally, I do agree with equality but, to me, that does not mean what the media seem to think it does. To me, equality means that whatever one side of an issue can do, the opposing side can do as well.

For example, last time I checked very seldom were male reporters allowed in female lockerrooms.

It seems to me that "equality", in the USA, has nothing to do with both sides of an issue having the same rights to treat both sides of an issue equally and this goes across many more issues than just this one. But, I am using this one right now.

It seems that equality, in the USA, really means revenge, sarcasm, synicism or something closer to those lines.

When is the USA really going to be about equality and not some political definition of the term?

Note: What would have happened if a player would have walked naked to his locker, from the shower? Would he have been sexually "assaulting" her? After all, it is a lockerroom! Or would her station have used it in some media way?
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I think this was all covered the first time a woman was allowed in the men's locker room. IT's a planned event, they know she's coming, so everybody gets covered up. Now, if some fool comes walking out of the shower naked after being told there'd be a female in attendance, that player should be fined by the media and the team.

I think it's harder for a man to get into a woman's locker room simply because of the amount of stuff that needs to be covered up, and while society doesn't mind a big, muscular guy in a towel, a similar woman trying to cover all the pertinent bits could be a bit of an issue.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:02 am

Once again, there is NO such thing as equality in the United States and there never will be....only the media charade of it.

And guys, make sure you are checking all of your media outlets for when they might be in your gym lockerroom or you might be arrested for being naked in your own lockerroom.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Spark » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:32 pm

CivilDissent wrote:Once again, there is NO such thing as equality in the United States and there never will be....only the media charade of it.

And guys, make sure you are checking all of your media outlets for when they might be in your gym lockerroom or you might be arrested for being naked in your own lockerroom.

You got that right.
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 am

CivilDissent wrote:you might be arrested for being naked in your own lockerroom.

Nah............I'd end up on Failblog. I'm tiny.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:38 pm

CivilDissent wrote:Once again, there is NO such thing as equality in the United States and there never will be....only the media charade of it.

Equality is bullshit everywhere. It will never happen.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:59 am

Having a Female reporter in a Male Locker room is not about 'Equality' - it's about RATINGS... Personally, I have never heard a question that couldn't have been asked 'Post-Game' without any need to be in a Locker Room - but as much as those performers, er... athletes... get paid, perhaps the networks are figuring out how to operate a 'Wardrobe malfunction' without being sued (heck, if the ratings go up enough, they'll figure out how much they may be willing to be sued for...

Pure BS. Nothing at all about 'Equality'. Another way to shove more commercials at us while stretching a 60 Min. game into a full day.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:58 am

thomas wrote:Having a Female reporter in a Male Locker room is not about 'Equality' - it's about RATINGS

I do agree, thomas. But, to be fair, where are the male reporters in female lockerrooms with naked women sports stars running around behind them?!?!?

That would be considered sexist and that is where my reference to 'equality' comes in. If one side can do it, the other side should be able to also. And, do not even try to tell me that guys would not be watching that.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to The Hundred Year War