The Old Republic MMO

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Deputy1515 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:32 am

The same thing could have been said about Everquest back in the day. However, I don't see KoTOR unseating WOW as the big man on campus. As stated before WoW is too entrenched.

There are Star Wars fans all over the world and they will play the game just to play a SW game. There are Bioware fans and they will play simply because they enjoy BW games And then there are those players that are looking for the next big thing. Those are usually the guys who jump off the WoW ship for the next new game (AoC, STO, LoTRO, Etc) only to return to WoW when the new game fails to satisfy in the same manner that WoW does.

Given the amount of time that WoW has had to develop and mature it is unlikely that KoTOR wil unseat it anytime soon. But given enough time and proper handling I can see it surpassing WoW in years to come.

At least Bioware is a good developer who knows how to engage its audience.
Deputy1515
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby SunC » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:05 am

No sad to say WoW will be around for a long time to come. I think every person I know that was serious about WoW managed to burn themselves out of it only to be sucked back into the repetition 5 months later. I really long for a MMO that you can just jump into and really play for 30 minutes and then leave.
SunC
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Roach412 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 am

SunC wrote:I really long for a MMO that you can just jump into and really play for 30 minutes and then leave.

that's effectively going against the whole point of an MMO...so, probably not going to happen.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Roach412 wrote:
SunC wrote:I really long for a MMO that you can just jump into and really play for 30 minutes and then leave.

that's effectively going against the whole point of an MMO...so, probably not going to happen.

-Roach

Exactly. Besides, half the time it takes a half hour just to plan out your raid, why would you want it so fast that you'd explore the traditionally most expansive game platform in existence completely with time to cook dinner left over? You play those because you WANT the time and immersion. Heck, even FPS games that I like will keep me at my rig for hours.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Games