Troops Out Of Iraq By August ????

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Ripshod » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:02 am

Didn't get any further than Kuwait. When your armored boys hit the 73rd easting everything seemed to grind to a halt. None of my unit fired a shot in anger!
All we really did was help rebuild the infrastructure and hand out sweets. Lovely people.
And not a MIG in sight - job well done.
Last edited by Ripshod on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CALL &BD19 (If you need to ask you don't need to know)
Ripshod
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

We did a good job then, all of us. Not that war is a great thing, but the way it was handled, very well done. Too bad the fallout from the civilian public is still so nasty.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:41 am

That is good video Ripshod.
If the fuel had been in the wing, the whole plane would have probably incinerated anyway.
Although the pilots you know what was probably in his throat the whole time he was landing. I would bet that would be scary for any pilot.

And, I will say it again.........I salute any and all of you that put your life on the line for all of us here complaining about the taste of our toast..including myself.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 am

CivilDissent wrote:If the fuel had been in the wing, the whole plane would have probably incinerated anyway.

Trust me, the main fuel tanks are in the wings. There's safety systems to prevent the fuel from igniting on impact, and JP4 doesn't burn that hot to begin with. The tanks you see hanging from the bottom of the fuselage in the pic, then on the wings on C,D,and E models are drop tanks, only meant for long hauls. Airborne refeuling is done through a funnel in the nose cone, behind the radar assembly (which will fry a rabbit at 200 yards if you accidentally fire it off on the ground), I can't tell you how it's all stuck together, but if in the event a severe blow hits a wing, safety systems cut in and blow the fuel off rather than try to contain it.

Those drop tanks are built as needed, I can put one together in about an hour from the bare parts, and they're removed for combat. That's where the armament mounts. New E models have fuselage mounted drop tanks, mount under and to the inside of the engine pods. Doing it that way allows a full complement of armament as well as the extra gas to get long distances. E models are the first fly-by-wire F-15's as well, all previous generations are cable and servo operated.

THAT much I can tell you. :wink:

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Spark » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:25 am

Iraq will implode once the troops leave. To much in fighting between the Suni, Kurds and the Shia homies. Been going on for mucho years.

It goes back even further than Elvis...........

Saddam is gone but someone like him may take his place, maybe even worse ??
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Mmmm........I don't think so, but I don't see the violence ending anytime soon. It'll drop off to an extent, once people realize we don't have "troops" there, we have advisors and engineers, but I think the rest of the Middle East would step up (and probably another good portion of the rest of the world) to prevent another dictatorship beyond what's normal for that part of the planet.

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War