Interesting Read

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Interesting Read

Postby c327 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:53 am

Try to Guess WHO I AM

DO NOT PEAK

I was born in one country, raised in another. My father was born in another country. I was not his only child. He fathered several children with numerous women.

*I became very close to my mother, as my father showed no interest in me. My mother died at an early age from cancer. I became close with my grandmother.

*Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

*My birth records were sketchy and no one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth certificate.

*I grew up practicing one faith but converted to Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my country, but I practiced non-traditional beliefs & didn't follow Christianity, except in the public eye under scrutiny.

*I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.

*That was before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and I embarked on a new career.

*I wrote a book about my struggles growing up. It was clear to those who read my memoirs that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.
*I became active in local politics in my 30's then with help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office in my 40s. They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone into anything. That reinforced my conceit.
*I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization. Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to me as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.

*I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances. This bolstered my ego.

*At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy. I was very critical of my country in the last war and seized every opportunity to bash my country.

*But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country's economy. I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could do better and every poor person would be fed & housed for free.

*I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess. It was the free market, banks & corporations. I decided to start making citizens hate them and if they were envious of others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

*I called mine "A People's Campaign" and that sounded good to all people.

*I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics & was able to gain widespread popular support.

*I knew that, if I merely offered the people 'hope', together we could change our country and the world.

*So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were on behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include "persecuted minorities" like the Jews. My true views were not widely known & I needed to keep them unknown, until after I became my nation's leader.

*I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out what I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with.

*I'm glad they didn't. Then, I became the most powerful man in the world. And the world learned the truth.

*Who am I? * (Don’t miss below) Scroll down

I am . . . ADOLF HITLER.

WHO WERE YOU THINKING OF?
Scary isn't it?
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:14 am

The real problem isn't who we are thinking of. the real problem is the American people voted him. have you got a group of people you blame of everything that goes wrong, that you riducule over their beliefs/religion?

the last few decades the line between good and bad has become blurry. very blurry...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:29 am

I was actually pretty sure he was talking about Hitler..
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 am

I guess the thing that bothers me most about all these cut and pastes is not only the inaccuracies, but in this case, birth certificates, particularly from country to country, have very little meaning, if there even were any. My own grandparents didn't have birth certificates, and they'd be in their 90's. Sure, it looks good to point a finger, makes you feel good, makes you even look like a hero to some. But what's the point? WE KNOW ALL THIS. I don't care about the past. I don't care what happened 40 years ago, and comparing (I assume) Obama to Hitler is the grossest form of.....I don't even know a word that isn't too strong even for this section.

Get over it. We have an elected president that's turning into a failure. We've had worse. He'll be gone soon, and we can get on with somebody new who may, or may not, be better, and that's up to US. WE PUT HIM HERE. Now we have to get rid of him.

Sorry, man, I'm really not trying to be rude, but get the hell over it already. Start making plans for change yourself, rather than ranting and raving about something that in reality, you're doijng jack squat to fix.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 am

This just goes to show you how easy it is for people to fly off the handle by not being able to understand what was written. I was referring to Hitler, never mentioned Obama, but seeing as it was brought up I will comment on it further on.

You know the sarcastic comments directed towards me was unwarranted and possibly a violation of these forums. Talk like that does pop up from time to time here and may be the cause of some folks leaving which I have also seen first hand.

Birth certificates not being in order from ordinary folks entering the United States I don't see a big problem with but when it involves the would be President of the United States it certainly does become a big deal when the authenticity of that document is questioned.

For Mr. Fuss to not be interested in the past is sad but it is his business. Should we forget about what Hitler did to the Jews NO. Should we forget what Saddam Hussein did to the Iraqi people when he gassed them, NO. Should we forget what militant Muslims did on 9-11-01 NO, ( I was there the day after to volunteer my services, where were you?? ). Should we forget what the Japs did in Hawaii on 12-7-1941 NO ( I was there a few times and saw first hand how the hurt and sadness from what happened on that day still lingers). Should we forget what happened on 6-6-1944 in Normandy NO, I was there two years ago on Omaha beach and as I looked out into the water I tried to visualize what the invading forces had to contend with on that dreary overcast day that many lost their lives while liberating the French people. Should we forget to troops that are buried in France in the American cemetery who paid the price or do we forget what they did for someone else, was it in vain? my opinion is NO. When the Germans left that town they killed every civilian in town but one person. Should we forget the Civil War and what it was all about, NO of coarse not. Should we forget what BP's accident did to all of the wildlife and all of the folks who lost their lively hood over the spill, NO, it's all called history even if it didn't happen on ones watch, but some find it easy to forget all of the atrocities that were committed against innocent people when they didn't have to pay a part of the tab for it.

In my post I didn't mention Obama, others did. I personally didn't vote for the in experienced senator and former ghetto advocate. I supported the war hero.

Know one is more concerned than this 100% disabled (all service connected) US Army veteran (Vietnam) when it comes to supporting America and those who stepped up to the plate to do something when something needed to be done, many of whom came home in a box.

OK, so one may not agree with my political views or opinions which I am cool with, but I am not cool to those who fail to respect them and in doing so wise off with their sarcastic comments. I am personally offended by those who misconstrued what I said and read into it something that was not there. There was nothing in accurate in what I posted, it was all the horrible truth and all facts, check the history books. Actually it enlightened me again.

No need to feel sorry for me, I would do it all again in a blink of an eye. I know there is no love lost for me here by some but to ease the pain of some here you should know that ALL tax paying Americans when they get paid, in turn pay me and my wife a portion of their pay check every single month a sizable amount of money per year and every year and will continue to do that for the rest of my life.

When I copied and pasted (not cut and copied which Mr. Fuss doesn't like, which is tough --it) I knew there would be someone here that would jump to conclusions and fly off the handle, just goes to show ya. If ya can't take the heat ya better get out of the kitchen.

The personal attacks by Mr. Fuss has been noted. That kind of attitude towards another forum member we can do with out.

Obama was not the issue.........Hitler was.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:33 am

Nah, not an attack. Just pointing out what obviously I read into it, and since it's been a topic here before, easy to understand. No harm intended. 8)

BTW, I got that one in my email not long after Obama was elected. You're right, all of that was historically correct, and, unfortunately, I've gotten that same sort of message from more vocal "friends" over the last year.

Nothing personal intended, C. You know I'm not like that.

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 am

I think the reason so many people go after the current president has nothing to do with the insinuations but with the fact that he was made to be such a demigod by the media, etc. and he is proving to be nothing more, and nothing less, than every other pres.

His crown has been knocked off.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 am

Worse, IMO. He's not done a dang thing worthwhile, and has in fact gone against several of his promises, even torquing off his own party line to get what he wants. Not that I have a particular problem with that, I personally feel an elected president should give up his party affilliation once he takes office. He represesnts the whole of the country, not just Republicans or Democrats. My perceived issue is he's screwing both sides, rather than doing as he hawked all those months, and on these endless trips everywhere (I mean, when was the last time he was in his office for more than a Monday or two?)

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:00 am

fussnfeathers wrote:I mean, when was the last time he was in his office for more than a Monday or two?

Good point. Seems he still thinks he need to politic rather than do his job. That says something within itself. Even though he does not admit it, even he realizes that he needs some help.

And, your point about representing the whole country is true too. Problem is, all of those special interest groups that supplied him sooooo much money expect their returns now. I think that is something that is really hitting him now. Before he got elected, he thought that was going to be as easy as pie. Now, he is starting to come around to reality.

I am laughing all the way!
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to The Hundred Year War