Goverments First Step In Total Gun Control

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:09 pm

I gave my cousin my old .22 rifle years back, couldn't even tell you what it is now. Nice little gun for taking care of small pests on the gentlemen's farm I worked on. Just never had a use for it after that. I'd like to get back into target practice again.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:31 am

Your points about "Disability" and such are well taken fussnfeathers and there are several others, on this forum, in similar boats as you. I am one and I know at least one other that does not post in HYW anymore.

My form has to do with seizures, caused by hydrocephalus, and the medicines that are given to me to treat the seizures. I have wild mood swings also and, even though I was dropped by my company because of the seizures I had to prove to the insurance, that the company had provided, that I had seizures.

Yea, catch-22 huh?
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:51 am

I have mild eplilepsy, but that's so well under control I haven't had so much as a random blink in years. Ironically, it's the meds I'm on for CIDP pain that's taking care of that. :roll: Nothing I even think about anymore, except in cases where new treatment may cause a flareup.

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

I just don't see the point in owning a firearm. I blow someone away on my front lawn and I go to jail - even if he was ripping off my mower...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm

I can see the point for hunting, for target shooting (sport), for home defense out in the sticks, or even for collecting reasons. Antiques, hard to find, custom made (we have a guy here who does beautiful engraving), but just to say you have an AK or six, and heaven help the crackhead who breaks into your house............no, I don't see the point there. Last guy that tried to break into my old apartment is probably still running, and I didn't even have a gun. 8)

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War