Last time I checked.................

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Last time I checked.................

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 am

Well, the liberal media is practically worshipping Chelsea Clinton, at this moment in time.

If my memory is correct, and I do believe it is, the Bushs' were consistently mocked about money, and use of it. Seems to me that this is an even more grandious use of said product.

The liberal media constantly mocked Bush's, and conservatives' in general, use of money in a flamboyant way and yet they practically fall head over heels at the way the Clintons spend theirs.

Now, I am not saying that a wedding should not be all out, especially for the bride, as the vast majority of ladies dream about this all of their lives but it just goes to show that rich Democrats are no better than rich Republicans.

It is the same hypocracy that the media has done over the way that they (the media) have performed concerning body counts concerning the wars in Iraq and the Stan's. Body counts were expressed loudly and exhuberantly during Bush's administration but have barely been mentioned since the liberals took over.

It just goes to show that the two parties are not that different when it comes down to structure. Both of the big parties are rich lawyers ruling in a self serving way and people should recognize this. Neither party should have total rule, there should be a major stand of checks and balances.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 pm

"When you've got it, flaunt it" will never become stale. It was a bit overblown, but when in the circles of the "elite", DAYP.. no expense is too great. Was there any greater enchantment from that scenario than what a "common" wedding costing less than 5 grand would bring?

And as a side effect of the 'special' wedding, the estate's value suddenly went up-up-up!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 am

Chelsea Clinton is one homely looking woman...............But
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

c327 wrote:Chelsea Clinton is one homely looking woman...............But

The beauty of any person is what is within. Having just an external aurora of beauty only beckons glances of admiration.
There was a song many years back, "Marry an ugly woman", in which it was noted that you would be happy forever! The 'chemistry' of two people has to be compatible for a marriage to last decades.

But back to the affair, probably it was something that town never witnessed before.. or may again. But it did bring with it a lot of business for merchants and lodging establishments. The security forces probably caused some havoc with local residents, as well!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:09 pm

I have one word for it HYPOCRACY.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent