On-board NIC Not Automatically Found Anymore (TA690G AM2)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

On-board NIC Not Automatically Found Anymore (TA690G AM2)

Postby FergatROn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 am

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on with my onboard nic, but none of the operating systems I run can find the NIC automatically (like it did before). I have a Biostar TA690G AM2 5.x motherboard and the NIC uses Realtec drivers. I've had this board for over a year and I've gone through Windows {Vista,7}, Fedora {8,9,10,11,12} without any NIC issues.

I'm dual-booting Windows 7 and Linux (Fedora 12). Before I ran a crack program for Windows 7 (product activation) both systems were able to identify the NIC and pull the proper drivers. I ran the crack program, rebooted my machine and from that point on I've had to manually find the device and the drivers. PDT_Armataz_01_02

I did some research and it looks like I might have blown some sort of memory that's on the NIC, which is used for identifying it. Does an onboard NIC have such a feature? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware.
FergatROn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:58 am

Neither are we but using a crack voids your warranty on your OS install and the chance of getting an answer here.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:21 pm

for the record, if it does this in your fedora installs as well you may have messed it up, if it's only your windows install then it's your windows that has gone haywire.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Networking