And this.........

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

And this.........

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:37 am

.......is why I still work trail advocacy, organize trail maintenance, and deak with the Forestry department , even though I can't ride now. Idiots like this need to be stopped.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/anti-mount ... wo-bikers/

You'd expect this sort of thing over heated debates, like abortion or whatnot, but slicing up mountain bikers riding on an open trail because you hate cyclists is going way too far. I've run into this sort of thing before, the trail teams have to do regular sweeps for thin cable stretched across the trail at about neck height by local residents who detest biking. Of course, there's the more famous articles about cars purposely crashing into cyclists on the road, physical attacks, all over a two wheeled overbuilt toy. Stupid. If you want a trail closed to bikers, submit a petition to the local forestry departement. If you can prove it needs to be close to all but hikers, that'll happen, and you'll get legal support.

Funny thing is, these morons are usually fine with horses, but those animals do far more damage than trail riding does. Not to mention all the horse poop nobody ever cleans up............except us cyclists. None of them are ever out doing maintenance, nobody works to keep the trails open for everybody, it's just us, and we're having to deal with this stuff for our efforts.

Sorry, that just pisses me off. Congrats, you have a nice hiking trail. I've spent the last 15 years ensuring you'll get to keep it. What exactly have YOU done, Mr. Hiker?

I'll be the first to admit, there are some arrogant idiots on bikes, too, but they generally don't last long. We drive them off. Go tear up your own yard, leave our prize alone.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Wonder why they dropped his bail ? He needs to stay off of the streets.
Now that they caught him, I hope they can actually apply some meaningful Justice...

Geez - and bicycles aren't even noisy ?! He should be barred from all public Parks.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby c327 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:00 am

What he did was wrong for sure, no question about that, but where I live in the country I come across many bicyclists, even bike clubs who ride 2 and 3 abreast, who at times have little regard for the cars that are behind them that have to drive on the other side of the road to get around them.

It can be frustrating at times, and I can see where it is possible for a driver or a person who may be having a bad day to do something they shouldn't do. Still there is no excuse for breaking the law for either party.
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:07 am

That's unfortunately common with pure road cyclists. You'll rarely see a mountain biker do that on the road (we can ride on the shoulder, or in the ditch if we wanted, roadies are worried about hitting a rock with their small, skinny, high pressure tires and falling). You can't ride like that on trails, either, you're a moron if you try to ride next to another rider.

I've had to dive off the road here, before, on the way to a trail. Riding on the gravel off the shoulder, not even touching the pavement, and had a driver AIM at me. Literally. No reason, just I happened to be near the road they wanted to drive on. Unfortunately, that's just as widespread as the roadies taking the whole traffic lane.

I'll have to find the code of ethics for cyclists, I know what site it's on, but it was posted 12 years ago or so. We DO have rules, ya know. :P
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to The Hundred Year War