Where is Al Gore?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Where is Al Gore?

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:25 pm

This is quietest I have seen Al Gore in a long time......and at a time when he should be roaring like a lion.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/ap_ ... ontainment

Granted, it is darned if you do, darned it you don't but still this is his area of whining.
Where is he, nowhere to be found. It is quite interesting that as long as it is a President with a D next to his name, everything is fine.
Where are all of those carbon count numbers, etc.?

Just goes to prove that it is not the act but who performs it.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Where is Al Gore?

Postby hunter1801 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm

CivilDissent wrote:Where is he, nowhere to be found. It is quite interesting that as long as it is a President with a D next to his name, everything is fine.
Where are all of those carbon count numbers, etc.?

Just goes to prove that it is not the act but who performs it.

Never even thought of it that way, but it is so true. If it were Bush in office he would be getting SOOOO much more hate from everyone.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby bdub » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:04 am

if bush were in office... BP's liability would have been left capped at 75 million.
there's even some republican lawmakers apoligizing to BP execs for the "shakedown" 20 billion obama negotiated.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 am

Why not, Obama went to the Middle East to apologize for our hurting their feelings AFTER they killed thousands of Americans in New York City.

Kind of a hypocracy, I would say.

If we are really comparing this to Bush, where are the daily body count numbers that most TV news shows, especially on Sunday, would display and discuss? You would see those numbers every day when Bush was in office. Rarely hear those numbers these days.

And, back to Gore, some stations constantly discussed his attention to carbon numbers and all of his speeches, etc. during the previous administration. Where are those numbers?

And, finally, to my understanding BP can beat those numbers, regardless. All they have to do is go to bankruptcy court and they can have all debts released after declaring bankruptcy so it makes no matter whether Bush set the liability cap 75 million or 75 quadrillion. BP will make it out of this no matter what. Besides that, what if the debt DID shutdown BP? It would just put MORE people out of work then at present and just make the problem worse.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:08 am

TBH, the only thing that bothers me is a clear example of what's wrong with our political system. Hardliners from both sides can't seem to understand that everybody needs to work together. This isn't a disaster that just affects Democrats, or only hurts Republicans. Get off your damn high horse and DO something. All you're accomplishing by sitting around and blocking each other's moves is a daily destruction that we'll never recover from.

Shut up and put up. Playtime is over. For everybody.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 am

What you say is true.

My problem is, though, exactly what you refer to.
Everyone, and I do mean everyone, should be approached/treated in the same way and not be threatened just because they have money and this is exactly where Obama comes in. And, I can say this as I am in no way wealthy.

You want to treat everyone the same...issue a flat tax. A certain percentage no matter how much money/dividends you bring in. That means for individuals, businesses, organizations, etc.. Make it where there are absolutely no tax breaks, no matter how rich or poor you are. Ya know, exactly the opposite of what our "leader" is doing now. If I could make it that way, I would. Stop giving grants,etc. to certain groups just because they are of that group.

Problem is that what benefits one person, many times, detriments another. Sorry to say but it is true. This whole country will never get to a point where we can all sit around chanting ooohhhhmmmm.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:20 pm

CivilDissent wrote: This whole country will never get to a point where we can all sit around chanting ooohhhhmmmm.

I was thinking more Kumbya, myself.

I wasn't referring to taxes, not in what this discussion is covering. We're all in this together, we all pay taxes, and you're right, we should all have to put up the same amount. It's not a party line vote, and it's frustrating as hell that our dear goverment is speding days trying to get out of paying, while what's left of our gulf ecosytem is being destroyed.

What's even more disgusting is 1. the goverment hired a freakin' movie director to brainstorm........great let's stuff the Titanic model in the hole. 2. BP refused Cameron's solutions. Nobody is doing a damn thing, except posturing to get out of any liability.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Where ever he is, let him stay there...........
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Before you ask where is Al Gore I want to know where Elvis is?
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:59 am

I think I saw him in Las Vegas.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent