Check Out Docs Band

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:07 am

That's music from his era (mine, too), he does a dang fine job of it. Believe me, I've heard enough wannabe bands and singers that can't play a note, Doc's got it nailed.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Each person has his own genre of music favorites. Not saying Doc's band is bad, but just is not to my taste. Some heavy rock is decent, but would not want a concert ticket for it. Some people dislike classical music, even classic R&R. Being a "war baby" (entered this cruel world Jan. 1940) all I could get into was classical, big band and 50's/60's R&R. Many of the Beatles' gigs were good, some not too good. Same too with Elvis and others. One that turns me off entirely is "The Bird" by "The Trashmen"!! Image
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Ah. You're five years older than my mom. 8)

I guess me doing the work I've done for years, I tend to listen to the music for what it is, rather than a style. I've never been a fan of Iron Maiden, Fate's Warning, melodic metal like that, but I've worked with so many bands of all types that I have a pretty good feel for what's good, and what's not. About the only things I avoid are extremes. I don't do death metal, and I'm not too much into 40's/50's stuff, although I did run sound for a five piece that did Andrew's Sisters type of music. I'm just not good at getting the sound that music requires.

Don't worry, Karl, I'll throw some sleaze rock your way. :lol:
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to The Water Cooler