Who Pays For Those Who Can't Pay Their Hospital Bill ????

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm

I am teetering on this but tend to agree with Copper and fussnfeathers.

I am in much the same situation as fussnfeathers....very, very much like fussnfeathers but have had to deal with it even longer, most likely.
Anyone who has been here awhile knows my situation as well.
The difference being that I, and my family, have had to deal with mine since I was 16 months old. My father was a simple contract machinist and my mother spent all her time taking care of my epilepsy/hydrocephalus. Needless to say, my family did not have the money for more than 30 neurological surgeries, therapy and months upon months of hospital stays.
If it had not been for government aid, I would be dead now. That is a fact.

Ok, with all of that said, I do agree with some of what Thomas is saying...at least to an extent.

Living south of Houston, you cannot walk into any hospital emergency room around here and not find it packed with illegals at all times of the day. If a legal citizen tries to go to the emergency room for anything other than a life or death situation, you will be there waiting for a minimum of 12 hours just to get to see the doctor and that is not to get help. This area, and much of Texas, is basically a handout zone for illegals to come get free medical care.

I do understand the point that Copper and fussnfeathers are making as their are many benefits/donations/events that raise money for hospitals and the such around here but it is simple economics. No money coming in from the illegals and lots of money going out to take care of the illegals is simply wrong.......especially when they are breaking the law being here in the first place.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War