Last Year I Told You So!

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 pm

China already has them in large amounts, you just don't see them here on the market...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Why doesn't that surprise me?

HP will have something out relatively soon, I would guess.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Many rivals are readying models for competition. But this is not a "new" idea.. remember the Gridpad pen computer and the Fujitsu Stylistic 1000?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 pm

It is all about the cost/functionality thing. I fear the iPad, although sexy, lacks a few too many functions for its price...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Too many of Apple's products are tied to contracts with one cellular carrier. Other brands can be gotten 'unlocked' so they can be used with any carrier.
The Blackberry Storm 2 is a smaller item, but does just about everything the iPad does. For the iPad, you need a very big pocket!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:54 pm

evasive wrote:It is all about the cost/functionality thing. I fear the iPad, although sexy, lacks a few too many functions for its price...

Yep. There's not much available for it, really. That'll change, it took a year before the iPhone App Store opened, we'll start seeing a trickle of iPad native apps relatively soon.

There's been some wailing and gnashing of teeth over ATT's new rate plans. $25 for 2GB a month, $10 for each GB over that. Bad enough for the folks that wanted to tether their iPhone to run the iPad when there's no hotspot. Worse for the people who bought the 3G model, since that requires another data plan on top of what you already have. Gonna be expensive to run that neat little toy if you want to use it to the fullest. I mean, I pull down close to a gig of usage every month on my Pre, and I'm not even doing that much with it.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Operating Systems