2010 Census

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

2010 Census

Postby c327 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:58 am

Well this is going to be interesting. With 13 million illegal folks here in the United States, I would think that this will be another Pass Go and collect another $500.00 deal.

But a citizen if they fail to answer the questions or file a completed Census form they will find themselves being hauled off to Court.
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 am

Only a few questions are actually required by law to be answered, like how many at this address, ages.

Apparently we can be creative with the other questions - Obama is Mulatto, but was OK checking 'Black'. Everyone in my house got the Race/Other box checked with "Human" filled out as race.

Interesting how breakdown went to a lot of detail for Hispanics and Asians, but not so much for European decendants... No indication for Veteran or Non-Veteran either. The only way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating.

Now what is especially annoying is that the data was to be 'shared' with ACORN (or even collected by ACORN).

This data is intended to help identify Democratic voters vs Rebublicans to allow for careful definition for Congressional districts since redistricting is due to occur soon.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Spark » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:29 am

thomas_w_bowman wrote:Only a few questions are actually required by law to be answered, like how many at this address, ages.

Apparently we can be creative with the other questions - Obama is Mulatto, but was OK checking 'Black'. Everyone in my house got the Race/Other box checked with "Human" filled out as race.

Interesting how breakdown went to a lot of detail for Hispanics and Asians, but not so much for European decendants... No indication for Veteran or Non-Veteran either. The only way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating.

Now what is especially annoying is that the data was to be 'shared' with ACORN (or even collected by ACORN).

This data is intended to help identify Democratic voters vs Rebublicans to allow for careful definition for Congressional districts since redistricting is due to occur soon.

I actually ripped up my mail in question paper and threw it in the garbage then read about what they can do to you if you don't answer ALL the questions truthfully.

As much as I don't like these questions and agree with your opinions about them, and as much as I don't agree with or like the questions asked it apparently is the law to have to answer ALL of them, or else.

It's like social security. The government borrows from it and doesn't pay it back. You are asked for your social security number as an ID when it wasn't supposed to be for that reason and a few other things along with it. The US is just plain screwed up and it's getting worse.

Waiting for a new form.
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 am

Here's Spark's Census forms:

Well, some of the Census 'Workers' were busy 'making up' answers...and got caught

Census managers fired for bogus questionnaires
At least 10,000 responses faked to meet schedule deadlines
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... in_it.html

This is something that "Community Organizer" experience should be helpful for ?
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War