Try to change avatar, lose all information in profile?

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Try to change avatar, lose all information in profile?

Postby gamepyrate » Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:58 pm

When I go to profile, go to "Show gallery" and select one of the other avatars, I press "Select avatar" and it goes back to the page before with the new avatar, but with all the fields missing :?: is this only me who is having this problem?
also, in the avatar selection screen i select "Face3d" and press "Go" and it does the same thing :?:
How am I supposed to get a satan avatar without having to re-fill in all my info? Maybe it's a sign from MoboGod.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby useless comment » Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:02 am

I checked it out and it gets screwed up for me too. It seems all the fields below the user/pass section get shifted down a little bit(ie my ICQ number shows up in the AIM box and my location shows up in the signature text box after choosing an avatar. It beats the hell out of me as to what's going on here. I'm gonna go download 2.0.3 and play around with it for a while to try and recreate some of these errors we've been experiencing(I doubt Mobo would let me look at his code :cry: ).
useless comment
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby gamepyrate » Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:30 am

Ah thanks for the reply man. I didn't know if something was up or if it was just me. I ended up just copying the link shortcut in to the custom pic text box and avoiding it.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tau » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:23 pm

I had it just happen to me.

Keep clicking back until you come out of your profile and nothing has changed.
Tau.

"Learn from other people's mistakes, it's quicker."

Tau
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:47 pm

ok I duplicated the problem too. Strange, I did notice though that the fields were messed up as soon as I went in. I think maybe this was a flub from the upgrade. Not sure yet.

Will check into it some more.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors