i need user's manual PLEASE hELP =(

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:42 am

All USB port terminals are always "on". But if the configuration of the wiring is not a match, then the ports will not be responsive. This link details the pinout of USB ports and the wire colors.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Knob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:06 am

Ta.
You wouldn't believe it but after a week of struggle the damn thing started working of it's own accord overnight.
All good now thanks.
Clem
Knob
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

p4sd board in standard atx case

Postby thedeele » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

I have this thing finally running in atx case though the only real problem is the original psu sensor socket next to the memory slots. I need to find out how to make that work so I don't get the f1 error at boot.....also the front panel audio pinouts diagram would be nice so I can jumper those instead of keeping the FP audio jack hooked up inside my case just to get sound from the rear panel.

TIA
thedeele
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:32 pm

by installing a fan with a sensor lead on it. If you are really lucky you can disable the fan sensing in the bios.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 pm

The typical front-panel audio connection is a 10-pin header, with one pin missing as a key. You would need two normal jumpers across pins 5-6 and 9-10 to enable the rear audio ports. There would be a small painted arrow or a pointer at the #1 pin location.
This layout is typical of most.. the * denotes a pin, the o is no pin.

2 4 6 8 10
* * * o *
1 3 5 7 9
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thedeele » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks guys For You quick response as well as the great help......rear audio is solved!......I do however still have the sensor problem for the psu fan.....it is only a two prong plug and has a black wire and a white with red stripe wire that would come from the original psu. I cannot turn of fan monitoring in the bios as the board is made for HP with their own (can't hardly do anything bios).

Thanks

D
thedeele
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:38 pm

that is odd. I hope I got spare brain time in the next few days. sounds like only the sensor wire is coming out of the power supply unit. we'll have to emulate something then...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Those fan monitors employ the Hall Effect as to speed monitoring. A tiny electromagnet is near the spinning armature of the fan, and senses the rotational speed, producing pulses according to speed. The BIOS then interprets the pulses as an RPM level. The same process is used in modern autos, eliminating the need for a mechanical distributor for ignition.
The BIOS page concerning 'CPU health' or similar should have a field selection for "ignore" as to fan connections. If not, then find a small fan which can be mounted in the PSU case, with the required three leads.. hopefully long enough to reach the connection.
It should be a standard that the fan connection has the pin to the left of the tab being the sense return, the center one the +12 volts, and the right pin the ground.
About the only way to work around a fan monitor that cannot be ignored or disabled is to link to a signal source that produces above 2 kHz signals with a voltage level of less than 2 volts. That 2 kHz signal would represent a 2,000 RPM speed, single-pole sensed. If a two-pole sensor, then the frequency would need to be 4 kHz.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MXM » Tue May 18, 2010 5:59 am

hello all, first time poster here :)

im lookin for all type of info related to this mobo, where i work owns a lot of these pcs hp d530 sff and some mobos are just blowing up (not to metion their psus, man this model is making me sweat).... much many of em work fine after a recap but many others just wont... ive been looking all over the net for info on this specific model, the whole "plain P4SD" Rev 1.09 and found almost nothing, this thread has been one of the most specifics ive read over the net about this model... anyways i know i might be a little late for this thread but i dont know if someone out there could point me to info, links, manuals whatever on this mobo... im trying to fix em so if anyone is on hardware repairing of these mobos please holler at me...
BTW to avoid those press F1 msgs just attach a small resistor to the pin-outs mentioned. (fan and or cover sensors)

im getting some mobos that wont even do the POST, does anyone know the order of it? any info on this?? PDT_Armataz_01_03

wel hope to read soon, thanks

Peace.
MXM
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 am

recently had 2 of these with problems, one completely dead and one where the IDE ports were no longer working so it looks like the chips are burning off due to whatever design flaw. Haven't seen bad cap issues on these boards yet. Yep P4SD(-LA) rev 1.09 as made by Asus on special order for HP/Compaq.

You can use this board as drop-in replacement:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4i65G
It won't even BSOD when first started, has the same mass-storage controller driver.

It's the last one relatively easy available here locally. Ofcourse you need to get the front panel connectors to cooperate, nothing a stanley knife or small screwdriver won't fix to release and reset the pins in the connector blocks.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum