Eve online

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Eve online

Postby Droth » Mon May 17, 2010 12:14 am

There have been mentions of eve online when I searched the forums but nothing very recent. So... I'm a 5 year player and was wondering if theres anyone else out there that shares my passion? Pirates??? =)

I've yet to play a MMO that comes close to Eve though I've only tried playing a handful of others in the past years. I gave AION a good try but fell out of that within 6 months.
Droth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby hunter1801 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 am

I wanted to.....until I found out I had to pay every month.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Droth » Mon May 17, 2010 1:59 pm

yeah 15 a month. On teh bright side, you don't have to "Buy" the game just start your subsription. Have you ever tried the 15 free trial?
Intolerance is a disease, whether sexual, religious or racial, that we all must fight on a daily basis.
-Jason Whitlock
Droth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon May 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I tried it, just really didn't trip my trigger. I'm probably average, as far ast that goes. I'm more than happy to pay a monthly fee for a game I enjoy (SWG for nearly seven years, a good chunk of those years with two accounts......$15 each a month, you do the math), and EVE didn't impress me enough in the first two weeks to make it worthwhile. Might be better now, it was a bit slim on players back when I tried it.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Droth » Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 pm

I run 3 accounts at $15 a month for 5 years.. do that math :o

Eve has a VERY sharp learning curve and 15 days is just enough time to play and be completly lost.
The graphics were upgraded over a year ago and end of this month another large patch is being added to allow planetary control. Eve will be the first MMO to be tied into a FPS console game. Search Dust 514 and you may get a better idea. The two games will eventually tie together in a few years I believe. There seeding everything in eve now so it will be ready.
Intolerance is a disease, whether sexual, religious or racial, that we all must fight on a daily basis.
-Jason Whitlock
Droth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon May 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Mmm............I'll wait three years then. :lol: You're right, the game had a sharp learing curve, though really not any sharper than any other MMORPG did when they hit, it was more the lack of players when I tried it. Not much point to an MMORPG if you're missing the players to make the "massive" part work. One of my old coworkers has been playing it for awhile now, pretty much since launch, and he felt the same, but he doesn't mind being an early adopter, either. SWG worked well because of what it was, you already had a massive built-in audicence that would buy it, and play it, without much thought. Same with WoW. EVE, being a new idea, took far too long to catch on, and like you just said, still hasn't reached full potential yet.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Droth » Tue May 18, 2010 1:01 am

I like the the idea that its all on one server. usually 30-40k logged in at any time with peaks times on weekends upwards if 55k. Needless to say theres plenty of people around nowadays. 5 years and I still haven't seen it all. Eve is just so damn indepth is why its kept me so long. I am exciting to play Dust 514 when i comes out. =D
-Jason Whitlock
Droth
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Deputy1515 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 pm

I played for the better part of a year. However, I also played WoW with the missus and was unable to dedicate the kind of time my Corp wanted. We were pirates. It was fun and I miss the guys I flew with.
Deputy1515
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Droth » Wed May 26, 2010 1:20 am

I know what you mean on both aspects. I have had little time to fly with my 0.0 alliance/corp but I have been flying with the same guys for about 5 years now. Its nice knowing I have friends all over the world and a place to stay should I travel there.
-Jason Whitlock
Droth
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Games