one more case where a law on guns won't work

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby c327 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 am

fussnfeathers wrote:
c327 wrote:States vary drastically and it's not a red neck thingy, it's all over. The thing is to be aware of the laws and abide by them. Make sure you know when you are allowed to use deadly force and not find out the hard way after you make a big mistake. And last but not least something that is called responsible ownership of a deadly weapon. The idiot that left a loaded firearm with in reach of a child should be a felony violation as far as I'm concerned and he or she should resting in jail for having allowed such a thing to happen.

That's my point. I personally have no issue with firearms, own as many as you like. I've had a few in the past, myself. Aside from the laws, there's also common sense, which was obviously on the back burner in this case. I had a nice 9mm when my kids were young, but I'd be damned if I left it fully loaded where my three year old could reach it, even though there were no laws preventing me from doing just that.

I know its not a North-South issue, East-West, Middle, Upper, Lower, whatever. Us Vermonters are just quieter about our ownership. Well, except for the morons I've caught in my back yard at 3am looking for deer.......by shining a light in my bedroom window........

Those boy's looking for deer with a light at 3AM :) if caught would be in a heap of trouble where I come from.
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Fri May 14, 2010 5:25 am

Ted Nugent has a refreshing attitude...

Gun-free zones are a felon's playground. Ban gun-free zones now. "Drive a bad guy nuts. Then shoot him." Ted Nugent
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... n-control/
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War