Router Property Page

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Router Property Page

Postby Spark » Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 am

This concerns a newly installed Netgear DGN2000 ADSL wireless modem/router as used in XP Home SP3.

The router and the network is working fine, but since installing this modem/router I can't find the property page of the modem/router in which I made the various initial network and or router settings.

I searched netgear and have looked all over this PC and don't see anything at all related to Netgear.

Where is it all at, as I want to recheck some of the settings?

Thanks................
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby evasive » Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 am

open a web browser to the IP adress of the router (use ipconfig/all in a cmd screen to get the default gateway IP address, there's your router).
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Spark » Fri May 14, 2010 1:52 am

evasive wrote:open a web browser to the IP adress of the router (use ipconfig/all in a cmd screen to get the default gateway IP address, there's your router).

OK did that at the cmd prompt. Saw the ip address and put it in the browsers address space. It opened to the ISP website that had a list of logs? but nothing about the modem/router property page?

Did type in another IP address and a window opened asking for a password which I apparently don't have. Have to call the ISP. Thanks
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby evasive » Fri May 14, 2010 4:28 am

hmmm if it opens at your ISP you have a modem, not a router. yep, time to call the ISP indeed.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Networking