Problems with WU's

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Problems with WU's

Postby Pette Broad » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Stanford is having major problems with various servers right now. I think this may be related to some new server software code that's just been rolled out. The problems are on GPU2 server 21 and CPU server 60. Server 21 is rejecting completed work units and then deleting them as already received, thus no points. Server 60 which is mainly but not exclusively for Beta units has a different problem. This server is not accepting back some units and then switches you to a collection server which doesn't have any record of the units. The problem here is that it keeps on repeating and repeating the attempted upload of results so you get a massive hit on your internet connection, I have 27 waiting to be uploaded and my internet connection is saturated. For now I've taken nearly all my machines off line as my connection couldn't cope with the demands. There's a lot of confusion/anger/disbelief/dummy spitting,etc over at the folding community forum and so far nobody from Pande Group has replied to the ever growing thread. I believe Monday is some sort of holiday in The U.S.A so I don't think this'll be fixed for a while. This probably won't hit too many of our team but I expect our output to be well down for a while. I'll keep up with the situation and post here when I get some news.

Cheers,

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 am

The problem with the GPU2 server has now been fixed, I think there is still some problems with the code but from here it looks to be working O.K. Server 60 still won't accept certain units, some go back O.K, others just won't go back. I've no idea when this'll be fixed, probably not soon from the looks of it as the Pande Group has limited resources, less than 10 people and they're pretty tied up right now.

I've restarted most of machines and should be back up to full speed in 24 hours or so.

Cheers,

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team