Global Warming---Cooling---MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:57 am

Well, I finally saw the Inconvenient Joke, I mean Truth, yesterday. It is a joke.

There are so many cartoons and colored graphs that I thought my little niece had made it. Polar bear swimming cartoons, etc., etc. :roll:

It might help, next time, if AG showed some cold hard facts and evidence, like glaciers breaking up early, desert oasis's dried up, etc., etc. He could use some evidence from here in Texas. This is the hottest year in about 100 years. We have had consecutive weeks of 99F to 100F. It is hot but Mr. Gore would rather focus on graphs without evidence and students(not referencing anyone here. I am referrencing the students in his movie), etc. just following like lemmings into the sea.

One good thing though is it will raise our local lake levels so I will have more area to water ski. :wink:
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby tedybear » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:43 pm

Sadly all the propaganda is taking root with a lot..and I mean A LOT of students in both H.S. and College. Remember that song about Global Warming? Plenty of errors, screwups, and direct references about that Kyoto P.O.S. that would screw with the USA's economy...and does NOTHING about China, or other nations that are still considered "Developing". India and China are perhaps two of the biggest dumpers on the planet! And they get a pass...and other nations are actually able to INCREASE their "Carbon Footprint"...or sell "Credits" to other nations.

Is it any wonder that Billy Boy signed it...Al Gore himself spoke against it!! And the Senate voted across the board NOT to ratify it?!?!?

And what does the propaganda song state clearly? "George Bush is such an idiot 'I know' (backround) He won't even agree to the Kyoto treaty". Now I'm not a huge Bush supporter--like some things he's done..and not others. However the propaganda patrol has decided to hang Kyoto around GWB's neck.. AND IT WAS NOT ANY OF HIS DOING!!!! So those wonderful singing girls? Can blow it out their pieholes with the lies they have been spoon fed from the "Enlightened" ones that think Mankind is going to kill the planet.

Much of all this? Is only political in nature for power! Any real science? Gets muddled. Any scientist that does not agree, or questions Al Gore? Gets hammered as a "Kook", and is told to shut up...or else..

Just saying to get all sides and facts---Right now? All we are seeing is a lot of Al Gore strutting around for his "carbon credit" company...and a whole lot of hype...

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:19 am

hahahaha yeah right. someone has to pay for all those labs and stuff...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:14 am

I'm in the process of enlarging my own personal carbon footprint to the point that it can be seen from space.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:30 am

as long as you plant trees on that lot you'll be fine I think :lol:
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:40 am

I just want whatever Al Gore got for planting tree$...

Who do I lea$e my Carbon Credits to ?
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Spark » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 am

Having a winter house in Florida I would have to agree that the earth is cooling. Last two years January & February have been very cold, in the teens. Shrubberies and trees have died.

Just to many people on this earth screwing it up. not to mention what the democrats are doing.

The United States will be bankrupt within 2 to 3 years. Current US paper money will be worthless.
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Mr T » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:20 am

I don't think we should be concerned about global warming.. Every individual, population and country has their own agenda with living on this planet... In essence we should worry about the death of our future, ie depleting natural resources, increasing the population, allowing migration of humans and so on.. The only way to resolve any global issue is to work together as a planet, but due to the above it will NEVER happen.. There will never be a utopian world, it is in every organisms nature to survive for itself... What worries me in my lifetime, is the taxes and costs I incur due to continual lies, deceit, half truths and misnomers about it all....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Pette Broad » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:55 pm

I think we've seen this winter that while there's no doubt that humans do have an effect on the climate the biggest influence by a huge margin is The Sun. The last cycle of the sun was the weakest for a hundred years and the next one could possibly be the weakest for centuries. This means that we are possibly looking at several increasingly severe winters in Northern Europe and The U.S.A.
We've had a cold winter, the coldest since 1981/2 apparently. I think we must have had at least 60 frosts and today was the first day since early December that the temperature reached 10c/50f.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War